+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
Submitted my passport for renewal at BLS Lawrence Ave, Toronto. Below is the timeline:

15-Aug - Walkin Submission
18-Aug - Status updated to 'In-Transit to Consulate General'
20-Aug - Status updated to 'Processing at Consulate General'
27-Aug - Received email about Initiation of Police Verification
30-Aug - Constable from Local Station visits home in India for Verification and requests additional proofs ( drama for bribe)
01-Sep - Constable re-visits home to verify additional proofs and accept the fee (bribe)
09-Sep - Status still shows 'Processing at Consulate General'
What did it say before 9th September? I have not received a police verification notification but mine says the following. Thanks

"Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "

svenkata29

May 29, 2020
What did it say before 9th September? I have not received a police verification notification but mine says the following. Thanks

"Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
It has been the same status since 20-Aug 'Processing at Consulate General'

Reactions: Nash_jam

Wonderer.Canada

Sep 10, 2020
Ignore Chirag, but thanks so much it works with small letters.
I am using cat07********* number mentioned in my police verification initiation email. However, it still gives me this message... "The status of the entered File Number is not available in the system" what should I do?

FYI.
I received email for "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application" on August 23rd and I am using this link to track: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Please help!

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I am using cat07********* number mentioned in my police verification initiation email. However, it still gives me this message... "The status of the entered File Number is not available in the system" what should I do?

FYI.
I received email for "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application" on August 23rd and I am using this link to track: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Please help!
Wait for the bls status to update.

zaki00007

Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

I applied for pcc for my wife in Canada BLS and recieved it in july 2020. I wanted to apply for her passport renewal Asap I was wondering if the whole Police verification will be done again.

Thank you for all the replies.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi All,

I applied for pcc for my wife in Canada BLS and recieved it in july 2020. I wanted to apply for her passport renewal Asap I was wondering if the whole Police verification will be done again.

Thank you for all the replies.
Yes it will be.

honey2533

Sep 8, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know if a copy of landing document needs to be submitted as well along with a copy of the PR card to get the passport renewed?

Wonderer.Canada

Sep 10, 2020
Wait for the bls status to update.
It has been the same status since 20-Aug 'Processing at Consulate General' Nothing has changed... If the PCC and all other things are done only then the status would change on BLS to "printing" and that too after a few days of PCC done... However, I want to know the status to understand where it is stuck (Specifically PCC)...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
It has been the same status since 20-Aug 'Processing at Consulate General' Nothing has changed... If the PCC and all other things are done only then the status would change on BLS to "printing" and that too after a few days of PCC done... However, I want to know the status to understand where it is stuck (Specifically PCC)...
was your police verification done and cleared back in india already and submitted?

honey2533

Sep 8, 2020
Yes, not all the time but in some cases, they ask for CoPR as well if not provided initially, while applying...
Ok ok. I actually lost my COPR and wondering what should I in this case. I contacted BLS and they asked me to reach out to consulate general of India who are not even picking up the phone and not responding to the emails either.

svenkata29

May 29, 2020
The police verification for passport renewal was completed two weeks back. The status on BLS website still shows as 'Processing at Consulate General'. Will BLS tell me if the police clearance submitted was received by the consulate? Never Mind passport shipped

Submitted my passport for renewal at BLS Lawrence Ave, Toronto. Below is the timeline:

15-Aug - Walkin Submission
18-Aug - Status updated to 'In-Transit to Consulate General'
20-Aug - Status updated to 'Processing at Consulate General'
27-Aug - Received email about Initiation of Police Verification
30-Aug - Constable from Local Station visits home in India for Verification and requests additional proofs ( drama for bribe)
01-Sep - Constable re-visits home to verify additional proofs and accept the fee (bribe)
09-Sep - Status still shows 'Processing at Consulate General'
16-Sep - Status 'Dispatched via Courier'

Last edited:
Reactions: Nash_jam