+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Chirag2807

Aug 12, 2020

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Thank you so much for the response. I have send my parents 2 times but the local police said they have not received my file yet for verification. That's the most worrying part for me as really dont know If I can contact anyone at Indian passport office for information.
Even I had heard similar responses from a local station that they did not receive my application. Later I had asked them to input my application file id in small case cat987644, then they could open and see the application to proceed.

Reactions: Johnparker

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Even I had heard similar responses from a local station that they did not receive my application. Later I had asked them to input my application file id in small case cat987644, then they could open and see the application to proceed.
Thank you for the information. I will contact the police station again and see if they have my file.

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
HI,

Does anyone had success in contacting Consular office in Toronto either through phone or email?? Are they open for walk in?? I really need to get in touch with them regarding my passport renewal application.

suranjan

Oct 14, 2018
NOC Code......
@KaushalN : will there be Police verfication for Passport renewal also. I am using same as old passport address in india . In that case do i get to prove my address in india too ??? My renewal for passport. Is your address changed than your old passport address or is it same. Is the address is in india or here tnx
Thanks in advance
I had a first name last name separation issue so I applied for passport update, no other change in my details (address same, validity already remaining) I also added the Canada address, but kept my printable address for passport as India address.

Timeline for my postal application-
30 june - purolator pickup
2 july - passport delivered to BLS brampton
starting 2nd july I heard that BLS resumed walkin services
"No records found" was the status in BLS website for 3 weeks. I was able to call brampton office and got a status that they have received my applicaiton will process soon.
1st week of august - status updated in BLS website, shows application date of 31st July (almost one month lost due to quarantine at BLS side) and processing at consulate general
6th Aug - received email indicating Initiation of police verification request
20th Aug - police came at Kolkata India home and wanted all proofs (aadhar, PAN, address proof, property tax proofs for parent!!)

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Anyone who recently renewed their kids passport? Can you share timelines please? I submitted on 12th August at BLS and next day it showed status as processing at Consulate. No change after that. Any ideas for a minor's passport renewal timeline. Also there is no police verification right?

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,
Has anyone contacted BLS-Toronto through phone? Wanted to know if they are currently open for walk in??

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Anyone who recently renewed their kids passport? Can you share timelines please? I submitted on 12th August at BLS and next day it showed status as processing at Consulate. No change after that. Any ideas for a minor's passport renewal timeline. Also there is no police verification right?

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi,

Hope you are doing good. I have a question related to police verification- how did you check in indian gov portal about the passport status? all i can see is update on BLS website. Could you please share the link and with what details I need to check in Indian gov website?

Get this error:
Track Application Status
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory

No status found for the entered File Number and Date of Birth.

Regards,
Varsha
Hi
just use this link to check the status of your application
http://passportindia.gov.in/ (site is under maintenance till 25th August)
use your file no issued you on your online application submission. It starts with CAT00876456 (an illustration)
for tracking use lowercase like cat00876456
it shows you processing level of your application

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi Kaushal,
I hope you are doing great in this COVID situation.
Your replies helped a lot of people. Thanks for keep posting your experience on the forum.

My timeline is quite similar but it seems like mine is getting delayed with some unknown factor.
I sent my application to BLS on June 3rd, 2020.
Status Updated ob BLS on Jun 23rd 2020.
Police Verification email received on Jul 15th 2020.
and from June 23rd to till date its showing "Processing at Consulate General".

I tried calling their number and even emergency number but those are not going through.

Second I tried to contact them via email on consec.toronto@mea.gov.in. Still no response.

Can you please tell me some more channels I can go with or can approach them. Because BLS won't have any info on that until they get the passport back from CGI.

Appreciate your Help!!

Thanks,
Chirag Jain
Hi Chirag Jain,
Might I am late to reply here, you can access (http://passportindia.gov.in/ )this website to check the status of your application. As you would get a grant for passport renewal from India so all updates are available on this website.
to check the status here, Use your application no. starting with CAT4556789 (as an example) issued you on your online submission of your passport renewal application.
Use it in lowercase such as cat4556789
this would help you to know where it reaches now.

Appreciate that you paid attention to my words.

skp.biet

Aug 10, 2018
Hi Chirag Jain,
Might I am late to reply here, you can access (http://passportindia.gov.in/ )this website to check the status of your application. As you would get a grant for passport renewal from India so all updates are available on this website.
to check the status here, Use your application no. starting with CAT4556789 (as an example) issued you on your online submission of your passport renewal application.
Use it in lowercase such as cat4556789
this would help you to know where it reaches now.

Appreciate that you paid attention to my words.
Where did you get you CAT number? Ours was walkin application at BLS Toronto, they didn't give us any application Number.