+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
My current status says "Police Verification Report for passport application is under review at the Regional Passport Office. The applicant would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

What stage is this? and how many more days does it take usually from there for passport to be dispatched?

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
7/2/2020- police verification completed
Hello,

One ques regarding 7/2/2020- police verification completed. How did you get to know this status? Plz, let me know the status msg you had seen as soon as police verification process complete.

adilbagga7

Jun 23, 2020
My current status says "Police Verification Report for passport application is under review at the Regional Passport Office. The applicant would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

What stage is this? and how many more days does it take usually from there for passport to be dispatched?
Dear Sarath,

Can you please let me know how are you tracking the current status of your application? I went to the BLS website and it only shows Processing at the Consulate.

I also referred a link provided in previous chats: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

However, I am not able to determine what file number should i mention. I saw people have mentioned that it should be CAT number, but I am uncertain what exactly is that. I tried using the file number on my old passport but it did not work. It would be great if you could please help on the same.

Thank you :)!

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Dear Sarath,

Can you please let me know how are you tracking the current status of your application? I went to the BLS website and it only shows Processing at the Consulate.

I also referred a link provided in previous chats: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

However, I am not able to determine what file number should i mention. I saw people have mentioned that it should be CAT number, but I am uncertain what exactly is that. I tried using the file number on my old passport but it did not work. It would be great if you could please help on the same.

Thank you :)!
You will get an email from Passport seva with your CAT application #:) It took 2-3 days for me to get the email upon receiving at the Consulate

adilbagga7

Jun 23, 2020
You will get an email from Passport seva with your CAT application #:) It took 2-3 days for me to get the email upon receiving at the Consulate
Thank you for your reply, Sarath :)! It's really helpful. I submitted my application in Vancouver embassy and have a CAV number. I entered the same within the application tracking system; however, it shows status of the file number is not available in the system.

My police verification was done on July 21st, is it like the status would get updated after 12 business days? Thank you again for your help :)!

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Received Email that Passport Verification has been initiated.
"Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched. "

What does this status mean and need to know details around this ? what happens next ? Should we contact the police station concerned or will they do the verification by coming to Indian Address ?
Is this your first status msg? Even I am seeing the same for my application. I did not track my application earlier, so not sure what would be the first status msg.

Any further update on this now? plz, let me know. I am eager to check my next status. Btw my police verification is completed at a local police station on 24th July, Its been 14 days after verification, but no update yet.

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply, Sarath :)! It's really helpful. I submitted my application in Vancouver embassy and have a CAV number. I entered the same within the application tracking system; however, it shows status of the file number is not available in the system.

My police verification was done on July 21st, is it like the status would get updated after 12 business days? Thank you again for your help :)!
You need to enter it with lowercase like cav90823...

MSD1981

Feb 28, 2017
Hey guys..my passport renewal address police verification is pending at my police station..the police station guy I contacted says he doesn't have any pending verification for the file number I told him..he says he checked it online.. don't know what to do know..
Anyone faced a similar situation

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys..my passport renewal address police verification is pending at my police station..the police station guy I contacted says he doesn't have any pending verification for the file number I told him..he says he checked it online.. don't know what to do know..
When did you get an email notification for PV?

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi, I am in similar situation. I received police verification email on 23rd July 2020, but till today my local police station said they don't have any file for address verification?

Can I ask if you contacted the local police in India from Canada OR Did you ask your family in India to contact for address verification? Any help would be appreciated.

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hello,

One ques regarding 7/2/2020- police verification completed. How did you get to know this status? Plz, let me know the status msg you had seen as soon as police verification process complete.
Hi, Can I ask how long it took for your case to complete the police verification after receiving email from Passport office about police verification initiated? I have been waiting from 3 weeks after the email but verification is still pending in India.

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Hi, I am in similar situation. I received police verification email on 23rd July 2020, but till today my local police station said they don't have any file for address verification?

Can I ask if you contacted the local police in India from Canada OR Did you ask your family in India to contact for address verification? Any help would be appreciated.
In my case, I have asked someone in India to reach out to the local police station mentioned in the email notification. Probably you should send someone on behalf of you to the mentioned police station.

Reactions: Johnparker

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Hi, Can I ask how long it took for your case to complete the police verification after receiving email from Passport office about police verification initiated? I have been waiting from 3 weeks after the email but verification is still pending in India.
While we were contacting the local police, they did mention that they also attempted to call my Indian mobile number which I had given in the application. For some reason, I did not get any call from them, maybe not reachable.

Good that we directly contacted them, so that we come to know that they have my case for verification. But the worrying part is that even after verification, no update in the passport system. It still shows "Just PV initiated". Hoping that my police verification report would reach them next week. Things are really slow in each step, but it's moving eventually.

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Is this your first status msg? Even I am seeing the same for my application. I did not track my application earlier, so not sure what would be the first status msg.

Any further update on this now? plz, let me know. I am eager to check my next status. Btw my police verification is completed at a local police station on 24th July, Its been 14 days after verification, but no update yet.
Yes this is the first message and status did change to “police Verification report” under review after the verification was completed, after the above status since a week.

Reactions: Brem

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Here’s my timeline
08/06/2020 - Application was picked up by Purolator.
01/07/2020- Application received by BLS Brampton.
Status on BLS- Records not found.
01/08/2020- after continuous follow ups, my application was on their system with status ‘application received’
09/07/2020- BLS status updated to ‘in transit to consulate general’
10)/07/2020- BLS status changed to ‘Processing at consulate general’
14/07/2020- email received for police verification in India
15/07/2020- police verification completed.
22/07/2020- passport printed and applicant will receive email when dispatched.
Thanks for your timeline:) I have a question on update. My status on passport seva website is 'Passport application has been granted to applicant on 07/08/2020 and the application is under processing. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched'
How long after did your BLS status change to dispatched to BLS centre?:)