+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Received Email that Passport Verification has been initiated.
"Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched. "

What does this status mean and need to know details around this ? what happens next ? Should we contact the police station concerned or will they do the verification by coming to Indian Address ?

badshah101

Jun 22, 2020
I applied for my passport renewal in June end. Today got the letter from BLS that the application has been returned because the name of my spouse doesn't match as per the passport. This is a mistake from their side as there is an Observation page on my passport where they corrected the name of my spouse. Same issue with my wife's application, they returned because her mother's name was not correct and there was an Observation page as well for her passport. I attached copy of Observation page for both applications. Also paid $90 for the courier charges.

Emailed them back today. Not sure what will happen. They wasted more than 1 month in looking at the application and that too is wrong. Really disappointed with the service.

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
I have a question on police verification, what is the email that they send to you in order to start it? Also, can i send docs through email to them or would someone physically have to visit the police station there?

sapjgk

Jul 11, 2020
I have a question on police verification, what is the email that they send to you in order to start it? Also, can i send docs through email to them or would someone physically have to visit the police station there?
Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application File

the above will be the heading email that you will receive when the police verification was initiated

Reactions: sarath396

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
Here’s my timeline
5/20/2020 - Application was picked up by Purolator.
5/21/2020- Application received by BLS Brampton.
Status on BLS- Records not found.
6/18/2020- after continuous follow ups, my application was on their system with status ‘application received’
6/19/2020- BLS status updated to ‘in transit to consulate general’
6/20/2020- BLS status changed to ‘Processing at consulate general’
7/1/2020- email received for police verification in India
7/2/2020- police verification completed
7/22/2020- BLS status updated to ‘In transit from consulate to BLS centre’
7/23/2020- BLS status updated to ‘ready for dispatch’ and then to ‘Dispatched by courier’ Purolator airway bill number was provided.
7/24/2020- hopefully I should receive my passports.
Did you received your passport?

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application File

the above will be the heading email that you will receive when the police verification was initiated
thank you! did they ask you to contact the police office in your jurisdiction back in India or did they ask you to email documents?

maindep

Jul 31, 2020
Hi Eyeryone
I have submitted my passport for renewal which is in status "Processing at Consulate General" in Normal mode. I have change in address as well as addition of spouse name. I think for address change there be Police Verification, so once the status moves to "Police Verification" do I need to contact Regional Police in India?

Thanks in advance!!

Brem

Aug 5, 2020
Hello All,
Thanks for your amazing help by sharing your knowledge. I wanted to understand my passport reissue application status in "Track Application Status"

"Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched."

The first sentence says the application is granted but, the second sentence is the worrying part. It still says police verification is initiated. Actually, I did enquire local police station at my town in India, they said that response has been sent to the concerned dept.

Please, guys, let me know what this status means? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sarath396

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Hello All,
Thanks for your amazing help by sharing your knowledge. I wanted to understand my passport reissue application status in "Track Application Status"

"Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched."

The first sentence says the application is granted but, the second sentence is the worrying part. It still says police verification is initiated. Actually, I did enquire local police station at my town in India, they said that response has been sent to the concerned dept.

Please, guys, let me know what this status means? Thanks in advance.
It means that the passport centre has requested the corresponding police station to initate address verification. It might take a day or 2 for status to change

Reactions: Brem