+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
how did the police authorities contact you to get it done?
They called the Indian phone number I gave when filling the application. And my dad provided them with required docs the very next day after receiving the email for police verification.

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
They called the Indian phone number I gave when filling the application. And my dad provided them with required docs the very next day after receiving the email for police verification.
Do you know what docs they asked? the reason I ask is because I reside at my Grandmas place in India.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Do you know what docs they asked? the reason I ask is because I reside at my Grandmas place in India.
They asked for any govt issued docs showing the Indian address I gave in the application, in addition to the copy of old Indian passport demographic pages.

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
I don’t think so. Aadhar/ Driver’s License/Voter card and any other document that shows the address.
thats gonna be interesting because i have only PAN card since ive only lived for 4 years in India of my life as a child..rest of the time I resided outside the country

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
thats gonna be interesting because i have only PAN card since ive only lived for 4 years in India of my life as a child..rest of the time I resided outside the country
Get in touch with the police and check your options. Good luck!

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Nope, I had my police verification in India completed on July 2nd and it’s almost 20 days now with the same status of ‘Processing at Consulate General’. It has been exactly 2 months as of today since BLS received my application on May 21.
Exactly Same in my case too. It is also mentioned at the BLS site that application processing would take 2 months to process the file at CGI so I guess a month more. Because the BLS office took almost 20 days to forward the application to the CGI Office.

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Oh okay. My document was received on 26th June and still no status on it online as of yet unfortunately.
I am on the same track and my police verification for passport renewal is under the review at CGI.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Finally status on BLS site updated to ‘In transit from consulate to BLS center’. Hopefully I should receive the new passport by this Friday.

Reactions: KaushalN