+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

seemarit

Jul 20, 2020
I have mentioned the old address as the India address because it was on my old passport (suggested by BLS customer care). But now received an email for police verification, but it's not my permanent address, and no one known lives there. what happens next......
Anyone faced the same issue.
Thank You.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
did your satus update yet?
Nope, I had my police verification in India completed on July 2nd and it’s almost 20 days now with the same status of ‘Processing at Consulate General’. It has been exactly 2 months as of today since BLS received my application on May 21.

Reactions: KaushalN

mayank353

Jul 1, 2020
My old address in old passport in india is same as what i applied now. Even then it was referred for Police verification in India. However i heard Police verification is no longer needed for renewal of passport if we have same address. Completely confused about the process.. Don't know how many days it will take to get new passport...Really frustrating....
Hello

this is what I got from CGI

Dear

Reference trailing mail. Nowadays, every passport applications have been forwarded to concerned police authorities as per applicants address for clearance. Passport will be issued only after clearance. However, you may submit your passport renewal application with all relevant documents at BLS.

Regards
CGI Toronto

mayank353

Jul 1, 2020
Nope, I had my police verification in India completed on July 2nd and it’s almost 20 days now with the same status of ‘Processing at Consulate General’. It has been exactly 2 months as of today since BLS received my application on May 21.
Hello

Can you try to check your status on PSK website.

https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Please give file no which starts with CAT**** in small letters and do me know if you see any status.

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Hello

this is what I got from CGI

Dear

Reference trailing mail. Nowadays, every passport applications have been forwarded to concerned police authorities as per applicants address for clearance. Passport will be issued only after clearance. However, you may submit your passport renewal application with all relevant documents at BLS.

Regards
CGI Toronto
How did the police authority contact you in order for the police clearance or did they just visit the address randomly?

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
Its been 25 days as of today since my application has been received at BLS and still no application status shown up online

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
how did the police authorities contact you to get it done?

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
I applied on 7th June and on 29th June they ask for missing document after so many follow up. I send document on same day. On 1st July status changed to processing at CG.

What's your status and time line?

sarath396

Jul 15, 2020
I applied on 7th June and on 29th June they ask for missing document after so many follow up. I send document on same day. On 1st July status changed to processing at CG.

What's your status and time line?
Oh okay. My document was received on 26th June and still no status on it online as of yet unfortunately.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other