09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hi all,

I'm a PR from India residing in Toronto. My passport (originally issued in Delhi) is due to expire end of this year, so I have started my passport renewal process.

I'm going to be updating how the process goes here and how long it takes, along with any relevant details that might be helpful for someone else in the future.

If someone has already gone through this in the past, can you please shed light on how long the processing takes? Some other threads here said that if I had done a PCC from BLS before, it takes shorter time to renew the passport. Is that true? In my case I have done PCC back in 2016.

Current Details:

Old Passport Pages : 36
Old Passport Issue location: Delhi
Expiry : End of Dec 2018
Tracking Page Used: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

Updates:
2018-05-05 : Submitted Passport Renewal Application to BLS India in Toronto at the Lawrence Ave location.
2018-05-09 : Status changed from 'Application Received, in transit to Consulate General' to 'Processing at Consulate General'.

Reactions: mamgain

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hi all,

I'm a PR from India residing in Toronto. My passport (originally issued in Delhi) is due to expire end of this year, so I have started my passport renewal process.

I'm going to be updating how the process goes here and how long it takes, along with any relevant details that might be helpful for someone else in the future.

If someone has already gone through this in the past, can you please shed light on how long the processing takes? Some other threads here said that if I had done a PCC from BLS before, it takes shorter time to renew the passport. Is that true? In my case I have done PCC back in 2016.

Current Details:

Updates:
2018-05-05 : Submitted Passport Renewal Application to BLS India in Toronto at the Lawrence Ave location.
2018-05-09 : Status changed from 'Application Received, in transit to Consulate General' to 'Processing at Consulate General'.
2018-05-14 : Status still at 'Processing at Consulate General'.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
In Vancouver, it took only a week for the renewal.
Thanks for sharing that, keypad. If it takes a week for me, I'd be overjoyed.
Was your passport one that was issued in India? Were you a PR at that point?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Thanks for sharing that, keypad. If it takes a week for me, I'd be overjoyed.
Was your passport one that was issued in India? Were you a PR at that point?
Yes, my passport was issued in India and I am a PR.

Nymphet28

Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for starting this thread. My passport expires in April 2019 and I wanted to get started with the process.

Could you let me know how you started the process of renewing your passport and where I can access the form and information on documents required?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Current Details:

Updates:

shobh12

May 20, 2016
Did you receive your renewed passport yet? I will submitting my application soon and curious to know the process times. Also, do we need to submit our original PR card and COPR with the application? If yes, will they be returned with the renewed passport? Please reply. Thanks.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hey all ,its a bit confusing on BLS website (as always). My minor son's passport will expire in September 2018. I should be choosing 're-issue passport' correct?
Do they need originals of all documents? Passports, PR, landing paper etc?

Be_positive

Jul 12, 2018
Hello,
I just renewed my passport at BLS Brampton and it took 16 days for processing. I sent application via postal service offered by BLS. Old passport was issued from India.

Application received at BLS:
26th June 2018
Status changed to ‘processing at CGI’ same day.
Status changed to ‘Ready for Dispatch’ : 11 July 2018
Received passport (with returned old passport and PR card) : 12 July 2018

Hope this helps someone who is feeling impatient like I did during processing.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I got a passport renewed at BLS Brampton center recently and here's my experience: firstly, I didn't know BLS existed so I contacted the consulate and they promptly replied and asked me to show up at BLS. I filled all the documents (refer to their checklist) listed on the BLS site and submitted them. In about 2 weeks they sent a notification and I collected the same. The only part that took me some time to understand was with one of their forms. So in the main form, both reference addresses should be Canadian. In the other form (I think they call it personal particulars or something), the reference addresses should be from back home. And even if you have stayed at multiple addresses over the past ten years, only three copies of that form is needed. And if you are a PR here, they do ask for the card. It is returned along with the new passport. Smooth process overall though, left me quite impressed. Hope this helps.

Reactions: vinayk

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
What address do you get in the renewed passport ?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I was impressed with BLS this time around. I got my minor child's passport in 2 weeks here are my timelines.The expired passport was obtained in India. I chose pick up and drop service. Location :Toronto

14 July Picked up from home
16 July reached BLS Brampton
17 under process status and on the way to consulate
18 Processing at Consulate General
29 In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
30 Ready for dispatch
31st July Received all original documents and new minor passport

It was very fast and great service.

justinline

May 19, 2009
I got a passport renewed at BLS Brampton center recently and here's my experience: firstly, I didn't know BLS existed so I contacted the consulate and they promptly replied and asked me to show up at BLS. I filled all the documents (refer to their checklist) listed on the BLS site and submitted them. In about 2 weeks they sent a notification and I collected the same. The only part that took me some time to understand was with one of their forms. So in the main form, both reference addresses should be Canadian. In the other form (I think they call it personal particulars or something), the reference addresses should be from back home. And even if you have stayed at multiple addresses over the past ten years, only three copies of that form is needed. And if you are a PR here, they do ask for the card. It is returned along with the new passport. Smooth process overall though, left me quite impressed. Hope this helps.

Can you please tell me how you contacted the consulate. I live in Windsor and need to cross into US very frequently, I need to know if I qualify for Tatkal service? Let me know if I can contact them via phone or email.

Thanks.

pchalla

Feb 27, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Hi I have a question
Do they do police Enquiry back home when we apply for passport renewal?
Thanks