+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

v546

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Have been following the thread for a while now. It was really helpful in getting updates.

My timeline:
  • Application pickup by Purolator: 19 Jan
  • Request from BLS for new form: 25 Jan (because of discrepancy in signature)
    • Sent new form via email same day
  • Application Date on BLS: 27 Jan
  • Application under review at Embassy: 07 Feb
  • Status maps with date (from Inspect mode)
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-07T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Submitted"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-07T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Granting Initiated"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-21T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Application Granted on No verification basis" (Probably because of recent PCC that I had applied for the same address, just a guess)
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-21T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Print Initiated"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-24T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Printed" (I think I can see my passport number here too)
  • Print initiated: 21 Feb
  • Passport printed: 23 Feb
Changes in passport:
  • Primary address changes to Canadian address
  • Secondary address in India changed as well
For some reason my passport has been printed since Feb 23, but still shows as processing on BLS website.
Not sure what's going on. On contacting them, they said that it usually takes 1-2 weeks for embassy to send them the passport.

Anybody been in this situation or have any idea what can be done?

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
For some reason my passport has been printed since Feb 23, but still shows as processing on BLS website.
Not sure what's going on. On contacting them, they said that it usually takes 1-2 weeks for embassy to send them the passport.

Anybody been in this situation or have any idea what can be done?
If this is BLS montreal, then it is very common. I discussed with atleast 5-6 indians at bls mtl and they experienced the same.
My passport was printed and delivered to HCI ottawa as of 29-12-2022 (actually it reached ottawa on 20-12-2022 but maybe due to holidays, it took them longer to change the status) and i received my passport somewhere mid-Jan (BLS Montreal).

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Any idea how long it will take for passport to be printed and delivered? PV approved and clear by police, today. Jurisdiction: Toronto. Thanks!

0:{EVENT_DESC: "PVR Scan and Uploaded Successfully for PV Request ID -PPF-PA",…}
1:{EVENT_DESC: "PVR for PPF-PA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by Police",…}
2:{EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1820755361,…}
3:{EVENT_DESC: "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1820755359,…}
4:{EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1819345863,…}
5:{EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1819345859,…}

v546

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
If this is BLS montreal, then it is very common. I discussed with atleast 5-6 indians at bls mtl and they experienced the same.
My passport was printed and delivered to HCI ottawa as of 29-12-2022 (actually it reached ottawa on 20-12-2022 but maybe due to holidays, it took them longer to change the status) and i received my passport somewhere mid-Jan (BLS Montreal).
No, it was BLS Brampton (Toronto Embassy).
I saw a couple of people had their passport printed at the same time as mine or later and have received it already.

Afzakl Ansari

Jul 24, 2014
Received My Passport Today.
Normal Passport Application process. I'm PR (Address changed to Canadian and Spouse name added to the passport). No Police Verification done in my case.

Postal Application submitted(BLS Brampton) - 6th Feb
Processing at Consulate(BLS) - 6th Feb
Granting Initiated - 14th Feb
Application Granted on No verification basis - 2nd March
Print Initiated - 2nd March
Printed - 2nd March
Dispatched via Courier (BLS) - 3rd March
Recieved Passport - 6th March

himanimehta

Nov 8, 2019
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
You are a genius!

Reactions: Daya1

Vraj22

Oct 20, 2018
Can anyone please provide info. what should i put as my printable address? as i'm Canadian PR. Indian Address or Canadian Address? if it's Canadian address how can i edit my form on website, as i dumbly submitted the form on website following a youtube video?

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Can anyone please provide info. what should i put as my printable address? as i'm Canadian PR. Indian Address or Canadian Address? if it's Canadian address how can i edit my form on website, as i dumbly submitted the form on website following a youtube video?
Did you try creating a new application? I dont think you can edit the submitted application.

ChicagoUS

Mar 9, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I need some help. I applied online for renewal of my passport on Feb 23, 2023 and sent in the required documents which were delivered on 28th Feb, 2023. The documents were sent to BLS Surrey. Since submission, my status says "Passport application form has been submitted". There is no movement on my file. I called yesterday to the BLS call centre and they asked me to wait for 3 more days. Is this normal that they do not start working on your file until 2 weeks have passed. Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I need some help. I applied online for renewal of my passport on Feb 23, 2023 and sent in the required documents which were delivered on 28th Feb, 2023. The documents were sent to BLS Surrey. Since submission, my status says "Passport application form has been submitted". There is no movement on my file. I called yesterday to the BLS call centre and they asked me to wait for 3 more days. Is this normal that they do not start working on your file until 2 weeks have passed. Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Did you check here?
https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/welcomeLink?request_locale=en

Also follow the inspect mode mentioned in the below post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-renewal-from-bls-toronto.558990/page-68#post-9746938

ChicagoUS

Mar 9, 2023
Thank you for your reponse,

Yes, I checked the status on the portal. Still the same "Passport application form has been submitted". Also tried the inspect mode, shows null value and also the same status "Passport application form has been submitted".

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Thank you for your reponse,

Yes, I checked the status on the portal. Still the same "Passport application form has been submitted". Also tried the inspect mode, shows null value and also the same status "Passport application form has been submitted".
This tracker will provide some help.
On an average, takes ~2 weeks. You might see change in status by March14th, I think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0_kRDtLBxn8hYLw6IBTx0W5gX8g-GQKDDj-bKSDe5U/edit#gid=0

aNGKON

Mar 13, 2023
Passport renewal request, expiring on 19th June 2023.
Passport submitted on 3rd Jan 2023
Received at Consulate 6th Jan 2023

9 weeks passed and no progress was made!!
Status is: Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
No email for PV nor anyone contacted me here or my family back in India
  1. StatusId: [{EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1817136813,…},…]
    1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1817136813,…}
      1. EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go"
      2. EVENT_DESC: ""
      3. FILE_NO: "CAT074853003923"
      4. LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2023-01-12T00:00:00"
      5. STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
      6. STATUS_ID_FK: 5099
      7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1817136813
    2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1817136811,…}
      1. EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted"
      2. EVENT_DESC: null
      3. FILE_NO: "CAT074853003923"
      4. LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2023-01-12T00:00:00"
      5. STATUS_DESC: "Submitted"
      6. STATUS_ID_FK: 1
      7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1817136811
Any suggestions what to do next?