+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
I want to mention my timeline for I have been monitoring this thread for quite some time.
Here is a google doc that folks put together to track the BLS Passport renewals, which I found in the mega thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0_kRDtLBxn8hYLw6IBTx0W5gX8g-GQKDDj-bKSDe5U/edit#gid=0

Thank you to the folks who suggested the "inspect" mode. Very helpful!

Timeline:
  • 2023-02-15 Submitted to BLS (Walk-In @ Surrey, BC)
  • 2023-02-15 Under Process - In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General (BLS)
  • 2023-02-16 In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (BLS - weird status. possibly a bug)
  • 2023-02-17 Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate (BLS)
  • 2023-02-18 Application Form Submitted (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-18 Granting Initiated, Sent To Go (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-22 Granting Status Set as 'Clear'. Application Granted on No verification basis (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-22 Print Initiated (Consulate)

Notable changes in my passport:
  • Address change from Indian to Canadian. (I am a PR)
  • Adding Spouse name in the Passport.

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
I want to mention my timeline for I have been monitoring this thread for quite some time.
Here is a google doc that folks put together to track the BLS Passport renewals, which I found in the mega thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0_kRDtLBxn8hYLw6IBTx0W5gX8g-GQKDDj-bKSDe5U/edit#gid=0

Thank you to the folks who suggested the "inspect" mode. Very helpful!

Timeline:
  • 2023-02-15 Submitted to BLS (Walk-In @ Surrey, BC)
  • 2023-02-15 Under Process - In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General (BLS)
  • 2023-02-16 In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (BLS - weird status. possibly a bug)
  • 2023-02-17 Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate (BLS)
  • 2023-02-18 Application Form Submitted (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-18 Granting Initiated, Sent To Go (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-22 Granting Status Set as 'Clear'. Application Granted on No verification basis (Consulate)
  • 2023-02-22 Print Initiated (Consulate)

Notable changes in my passport:
  • Address change from Indian to Canadian. (I am a PR)
  • Adding Spouse name in the Passport.
Thanks..is it normal or tatkal processing?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Normal processing.
I am also not eligible to apply under Tatkal because I need to add my Spouse's name in the passport. (<--this might not be accurate)
In your place under normal processing, it took one week to reach from Application submission date to print initiated date. In Toronto region, it is taking 4-5 weeks. Not sure why so much difference. Maybe the volume is more in Toronto region.

Reactions: Brilliant113

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Normal processing.
I am also not eligible to apply under Tatkal because I need to add my Spouse's name in the passport. (<--this might not be accurate)
1 week for normal processing...without police verification...sounds awesome...in Toronto jurisdiction it takes min 5 to 7 weeks..

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
In your place under normal processing, it took one week to reach from Application submission date to print initiated date. In Toronto region, it is taking 4-5 weeks. Not sure why so much difference. Maybe the volume is more in Toronto region.
Backlog and volume most likely.

1 week for normal processing...without police verification...sounds awesome...in Toronto jurisdiction it takes min 5 to 7 weeks..
Yeah, volume is very much possible. Also, No PV is a surprise. I expected PV and even let my folks back in India about possible PV.

Reactions: Brilliant113

pkd007

Feb 17, 2023
My passport renewal application status changed to Print Initiated without Police Verification. I was thinking of raising another query on sampark but just hold myself back.
I got a message from Sampark that my passport will be issued in 2-3 days. My current status showing as ‘Passport application granted’ and also in status map it’s mentioned as passport granted on no verification basis after 4 weeks of review status. Now, yesterday I received PV email. Not sure wts happening? It’s almost 6 weeks happened from my application date ( postal application) for Passport renewal.

is any one same situation?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I got a message from Sampark that my passport will be issued in 2-3 days. My current status showing as ‘Passport application granted’ and also in status map it’s mentioned as passport granted on no verification basis after 4 weeks of review status. Now, yesterday I received PV email. Not sure wts happening? It’s almost 6 weeks happened from my application date ( postal application) for Passport renewal.

is any one same situation?
I am also checking my email in fear :( but the consulate status in inspect mode gives me the new passport number also. For you does it mention the passport number?

Last edited:

pkd007

Feb 17, 2023
I am also checking my email in fear :( but the consulate status in inspect mode gives me the new passport number also. For you does it mention the passport number?
No. Passport number not mentioned anywhere in Status map. Currently in ‘Passport application Granted’ status.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
While your case is definitely not very normal, maybe it is because your last passport was issued out of India. In any case they should initiated the PV before changing the status to Print has been initiated. My daughter's passport is also currently under renewal. Her last passport was issued from San Francisco and we did not have her PR card but Police verification was initiated for her. PV has been initiated in the beginning however.

pkd007

Feb 17, 2023
While your case is definitely not very normal, maybe it is because your last passport was issued out of India. In any case they should initiated the PV before changing the status to Print has been initiated. My daughter's passport is also currently under renewal. Her last passport was issued from San Francisco and we did not have her PR card but Police verification was initiated for her. PV has been initiated in the beginning however.
May be. My previous passport issued in USA. But concern here is initially I have seen status message like ‘Print Initiated’ later moved to ‘Passport application granted’. In status map also it’s mentioned ‘ issued on no verification basis’. Also few days back I got response for the question I have asked in Sampark, they responded like in 2-3 days my passport will get. Later status map changed to “PV initiated in other address”. Yesterday evening I got PV email initiating in India address. Even this process should happen it should done earlier days. Now almost 6 weeks happened and getting PV email.

v546

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Have been following the thread for a while now. It was really helpful in getting updates.

My timeline:
  • Application pickup by Purolator: 19 Jan
  • Request from BLS for new form: 25 Jan (because of discrepancy in signature)
    • Sent new form via email same day
  • Application Date on BLS: 27 Jan
  • Application under review at Embassy: 07 Feb
  • Status maps with date (from Inspect mode)
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-07T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Submitted"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-07T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Granting Initiated"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-21T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Application Granted on No verification basis" (Probably because of recent PCC that I had applied for the same address, just a guess)
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-21T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Print Initiated"
    • "LAST_MODIFIED_DATE":"2023-02-24T00:00:00", "STATUS_DESC": "Printed" (I think I can see my passport number here too)
  • Print initiated: 21 Feb
  • Passport printed: 23 Feb
Changes in passport:
  • Primary address changes to Canadian address
  • Secondary address in India changed as well