+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello guys , i applied for my passport renewal on sept 23 at winnipeg Bls . There was status showing processing at general consulate. From last two days it’s showing file under review at embassy consulate. What it mean?

There is no police verification start yet . My parents checking from local police station everyday. Is there anyone have a similar timeline or after that got any update?

i have a flight on Nov 12 this Saturday. What should i do ?
I also sent emails to consec
Sent enquiry to sampark
Sent inquiry Emergency phone number on whatsapp.
Sorry to bother you, I hope you had received your passport. I had applied at Bls montreal. its just showing processing from past one month

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone! May I please know what is the process for passport renewal in Ottawa after the Police Verification? Do all passports get printed in Delhi and then get sent over to Ottawa?

My flight is on Dec 20th and I am getting very stressed. The BLS team in Ottawa assured me that I would get my passport in 8 weeks and I submitted my passport on Oct 3rd. On Nov 15, my status on Seva changed to "PV initiated" and my family received a phone call for the Police Verification on Nov 16. Since then the status has changed to "Processing at Embassy / Consulate," however the trackerApplicationStatus still says "PV initiated"...

Any information on the above would help!
Hi, I have submitted my application at BLS Montreal for Ottawa jurisdiction, but I have received no update. It's been more than a month and the status is processing and receiving the fees. Could you please update me with your status and timeline, It would be of great help. Thank you so much.

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Sep 22, 2022 - Purolator delivered application at BLS Surrey.
Oct 12, 2022 - Application received on BLS website. Didn't check BLS website after Oct 6. Status might have posted earlier.
Oct 14, 2022 - Processing at Consulate General on BLS website.
Oct 15, 2022 - Received Police Verification Initiated email.
Oct 23, 2022 - Police Verification completed.
Oct 26, 2022 - Status on Passport Seva - "Print has been initiated for passport".

So the whole process took over a month.
Thank you.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello. Please look at the points below to understand my scenario. Hope you all will share views.

1) I came to Canada as a PR in 2018.

2) The house which was my residential address and all my id documents (my passport, driving licence etc) are based on that address. Unfortunately the house was sold by my parents after I moved to Canada.

3) I have applied for Canadian citizenship in September 2021. Already gave test and still waiting for further steps to be completed.

4) My Indian passport is expiring in August 2023.

My question is should I apply for renewal rightaway or just wait ? My problem is all my Indian IDs are based on the address which is no longer accessible.

Please share your views.

Regards

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
My passport expires in Dec 2023 so I'm planning to renew it soon because I have to travel next year. Has anyone submitted an application for the renewal to BLS Toronto recently? How long is it taking? I've heard about the labor shortage and backlog and that it is taking 6 months to renew the passport..

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
My passport expires in Dec 2023 so I'm planning to renew it soon because I have to travel next year. Has anyone submitted an application for the renewal to BLS Toronto recently? How long is it taking? I've heard about the labor shortage and backlog and that it is taking 6 months to renew the passport..
It's 6-8 weeks processing time currently.

fluffy14

Nov 30, 2022
Thank you, do you know how many days it would take to reach printed passport from embassy to BLS. Assume if Printed passport reached to Embassy from Delhi on May 09, now how many days it would take embassy to send the same to BLS and in turn BLS sending the same to Applicant
Hi! Do you know how can I raise an inquiry with the High Commission in Ottawa regarding my passport? it has been in police verification for over a month

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Received the new pp today below is the timeline.

Nov 12: Submitted - Walkin
Nov 14: Processing at Consulate General
Dec 7 : Print initiated on passportsewa
Dec 9 : Printed
Dec 12: Dispatched vis Purolater on bls-website
Dec 13 : Delivered

Also, If anyone with experience can andwer my question below.
The passports came stapled together, old stapled to back cover of new passport. Are we supposed use the passport like this going forward? or it is ok to remove the staple and use the new passport standalone. I wish to carry just the new one but my concern is if the staple marks on new passport's back page will have any issues. Looking forward to inputs from anyone who has renewed the passports and used them like this. Appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi, I have submitted my application at BLS Montreal for Ottawa jurisdiction, but I have received no update. It's been more than a month and the status is processing and receiving the fees. Could you please update me with your status and timeline, It would be of great help. Thank you so much.
Hi! Did you do a walk-in? or take an appointment? how was your experience with bls montreal?

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Received fees and processing means that no action has been initiated. Wait until file number is generated.