+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hello Everyone,
Question regarding Indian passport validity.
My wife's passport will expire in October-2023. She is currently on PR.
And we are planning a trip to India sometime around March / April 2023.
Will there be any problem with entering or leaving - India / canada, if the passport has less than 6months validity ?

Appreciate any inputs on this. Thanks.
I don't see any issue with entering India. Not sure about Canada Though. You have enough time to renew it now while in Canada which will take 5 to 8 weeks max.

okkal

Nov 25, 2022
Hi, Went to BLS to request a change. got email confirmation as well after. I was able to get last minute appointment for the following day's visit at BLS.
Thanks. so, only by appointment you're able to request a change, right ? Is it possible to just walking and request them ?

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thanks. so, only by appointment you're able to request a change, right ? Is it possible to just walking and request them ?
Walk-in would be challenging. Appointment slots are available at the last moment for the next day. Keep refreshing the page after 1-2 PM EST.

Otherwise, if BLS Brampton is your office then Drop an email to "brampton.p@blsinternational.net" requesting pick-up in person. Not sure how soon they will respond back though.

fluffy14

Nov 30, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I can no longer find the service call for trackStatusForFileNoNew under the network tab. Is there a way to fix this? I was able to track until few days ago. I tried using incognito mode, but had the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I can no longer find the service call for trackStatusForFileNoNew under the network tab. Is there a way to fix this? I was able to track until few days ago. I tried using incognito mode, but had the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Hey I was never able to check like this? Is there any way to do it can I get the screenshot of the same. I am able to reach till the track event but after that lost. Nowhere to see the statusId

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hey I was never able to check like this? Is there any way to do it can I get the screenshot of the same. I am able to reach till the track event but after that lost. Nowhere to see the statusId
What is the status showing in the track status form. For me it’s just received and same under processing.
Please help me as I am not able to get any update. I submitted my application on 10th November in bls Montreal.

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Status updated to "Print has been initiated for passport" today Oct 26.

Sep 22, 2022 - Purolator delivered application at BLS Surrey.
Oct 12, 2022 - Application received on BLS website. Didn't check BLS website after Oct 6. Status might have posted earlier.
Oct 14, 2022 - Processing at Consulate General on BLS website.
Oct 15, 2022 - Received Police Verification Initiated email.
Oct 23, 2022 - Police Verification completed.
Oct 26, 2022 - Status on Passport Seva - "Print has been initiated for passport".
Hey please help me with checking the status like this ? I have applied on Nov 10 after that no update.

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hi @Bhaumik_Patel,
Could you please let me know, in your case, how many days it took to initiate PV after CAT/File number was generated??

For my case, I submitted an application at Brampton BLS on Sept 24, CAT number was generated on Sept 28 but nothing after that.

Also, on the Passport Seva Portal status - The passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. Does it change when PV is initiated??

When I check, the developer tool, I just see the status as "Sent to Go"
{
"EVENT_DESC": "",
"EMP_ACTION": "Sent To Go",
"STATUS_TRACKING_PK": <<ID>>,
"LAST_MODIFIED_DATE": "2022-09-28T00:00:00",
"STATUS_DESC": "Granting Initiated",
"STATUS_ID_FK": <<ID>>,
"FILE_NO": "<<ID>>"
}
Hi can you tell me how did you reach here? I am struggling to check my status still under processing when I check usual way.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey please help me with checking the status like this ? I have applied on Nov 10 after that no update.
For delivery of the courier, I knew from the Purolator's tracking. The Police Verification Initiated email - you get to the email that you mentioned in the application. The rest of the statuses, I checked BLS tracking and Passport Seva tracking.

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
For delivery of the courier, I knew from the Purolator's tracking. The Police Verification Initiated email - you get to the email that you mentioned in the application. The rest of the statuses, I checked BLS tracking and Passport Seva tracking.
Thank you so much. Could you please help me with the timeline of your application? How long did it take for you ? It’s been a month and no update for me that’s why I am worried.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you so much. Could you please help me with the timeline of your application? How long did it take for you ? It’s been a month and no update for me that’s why I am worried.
Sep 22, 2022 - Purolator delivered application at BLS Surrey.
Oct 12, 2022 - Application received on BLS website. Didn't check BLS website after Oct 6. Status might have posted earlier.
Oct 14, 2022 - Processing at Consulate General on BLS website.
Oct 15, 2022 - Received Police Verification Initiated email.
Oct 23, 2022 - Police Verification completed.
Oct 26, 2022 - Status on Passport Seva - "Print has been initiated for passport".

So the whole process took over a month.

Reactions: Qwerty098