+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Sandeepgill83

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Checking the node 0, the status description is "granting initiated".
I have done PCC on June 2020 and haven’t exited Canada after that. I hope they don’t do a PV now.

I enquired via Sampark portal - no response yet.
I think next step passport printing initiated as soon as , no need pv,
Or you can email to Toronto councilor, they can reply your email status changes as soon as
Toronto councilor email

consec.toronto@mea.gov.in
Pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello,
I am exactly in similar situation. I am on Canadian PR and was asked by BLS to have my primary/printable address as Canadian address. I am not sure if there will be police verification back in India or not considering printable address is going to be Canadian. Anyone faced similar situation?
I have submitted my application on 04 Oct 2022 (Walkin) and today (27th Oct 2022) my status is showing as -
Status - Processing at Consulate General (on BLS)
Status - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

My question/concern is should I send my parents to check out in PS if my application has arrived considering will it even require PV in Inida or nor, any suggestions are more than appreciated. Thanks!
I think if we have PR, in the application, we have to enter our Canadian address for 'Passport Printable Address Details' and give Indian address in 'Other Address Details'.

It seems like for those whom Police Verification was done recently, the PV is not initiated during passport renewal. But we won't know that for sure. Your parents can maybe inform the PS which you entered in the application that you might be getting PV. I saw many people had done that. But you will get an email that your PV was initiated and the PS would do PV only after that.

Sep 24, 2022
Hey guys. Important question: what if the staple of the old and new passport has come out? Will they reject my passport while traveling? I'll carry both but the staple has come out. Please help! Urgent

Ktpatel91

May 24, 2018
So I have made a bank draft for 103.4 as per BLS. Now I see that there is a pick up and drop off service for passport.

I am in North York, Toronto. When I try to book appointment online its filled up for the rest of the year. Pick up and Drop off cost online shows C$51.50 but payment is for C$52. When I called service center it was C$73.50?

It is a bit confusing with price not being fixed for pick up and drop off service. Can any one from Toronto confirm the charges paid by them recently?

piscean26

Aug 27, 2017
Hi,
I have submitted minor's passport renewal application, i received indian police verification email today. What is the police verification process when the applicant is outside India. My relatives are currently residing at my Indian address so what details do they need to provide for police verification?

piscean26

Aug 27, 2017
Any one document minor child old passport, child birth certificate, or any school certificate, or adhar card, any 1 document you can provide
Does it have to be original document?
Also do they visit residential address for verification or we should take documents to police station?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Does it have to be original document?
Also do they visit residential address for verification or we should take documents to police station?
You should give them a call with the file number. Usually, they take 3-4 days to process the file once it's initiated by Passport Seva.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hey guys. Important question: what if the staple of the old and new passport has come out? Will they reject my passport while traveling? I'll carry both but the staple has come out. Please help! Urgent
No they won't reject your travel for that.

siri0002

Aug 17, 2016
Currently in canada and my passport expired. I have my valid PR card. The consulate wants a proof of status to process the new passport. Proof of status from IRCC is taking forever. I am stuck in canada. Is there anyway to get the proof of status faster. I really need the passport to go to my home country. I assumed PR card was the proof of status. The waiting is eating me.

Any help is greatly appreciated

em_10

Jun 16, 2021
Hi. I want ro submit my passport for renewal. I was planning to do a walkin at the Toronto BLS. If I go on a weekday, how early do I need to reach?
I am a PR, do I have to give a Canadian address to be printed? I don’t want to change the address on my passport and to avoid a police verification. I want to apply under tatkla and get the passport ASAP. Is there a way around?