+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Sep 24, 2022
Guys when can I expect the passport to get approved? My application is stuck on 'under review ' since 08 October 2022. In the inspect mode as well it's stuck at 'granting initiated' since that date.

Sep 24, 2022
Sep 02, 2022 - Sent through Postal
Sep 06, 2022 - Received at BLS, Brampton
Sep 21, 2022 - Money order was cashed (tracked using western union money order tracking number)
Sep 23, 2022 - Passport application under review
Oct 03, 2022 - Passport Print initiated
Did you change your passport address to Canadian one? Did PV happen?

Nidhaan

Apr 4, 2022
I got the Police Verification initiated email on Saturday afternoon Canada time which is Sunday early morning India time. From then until today, 3 days have passed in India time and my parents have not received any call to their phone number. This is the phone number I had mentioned in the Passport Application. Neither has the police come in person to our home - the address I mentioned in the Passport Application right before the phone number.

Should my parents wait and hope to get a call/visit from the local police station or is it advisable for them to take the verification documents, printouts of the PV initation email and Passport Application and goto the police station and try to get the verification done? My parents are saying that that might be a waste of time and effort as the police station might not have received the notification PV for me yet and that if they had received the same, they would have called/visited our home by now as PVs are usually completed on priority.

Please advise.
Can you please share your timeline?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Can you please share your timeline?
Sep 22, 2022 - Purolator delivered application at BLS Surrey.
Oct 12, 2022 - Application received on BLS website. Didn't check BLS website after Oct 6. Status might have posted earlier.
Oct 14, 2022 - Processing at Consulate General on BLS website.
Oct 15, 2022 - Received Police Verification Initiated email.

storms

Oct 18, 2022
Did you change your passport address to Canadian one? Did PV happen?
Yes I changed my address to my Canadian one since I'm a PR holder.
PV was not initiated for my application. It could be because, I recently (less than a year) received Police Clearance from Chicago, USA. This is just my assumption.

Sep 24, 2022
Hi @Bhaumik_Patel,
Could you please let me know, in your case, how many days it took to initiate PV after CAT/File number was generated??

For my case, I submitted an application at Brampton BLS on Sept 24, CAT number was generated on Sept 28 but nothing after that.

Also, on the Passport Seva Portal status - The passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. Does it change when PV is initiated??

When I check, the developer tool, I just see the status as "Sent to Go"
{
"EVENT_DESC": "",
"EMP_ACTION": "Sent To Go",
"STATUS_TRACKING_PK": <<ID>>,
"LAST_MODIFIED_DATE": "2022-09-28T00:00:00",
"STATUS_DESC": "Granting Initiated",
"STATUS_ID_FK": <<ID>>,
"FILE_NO": "<<ID>>"
}
Hey Anand! Did you get any update? I'm in the same boat, status is under review since October 08. Nothing updated in inspect mode as well.

Oct 18, 2022
I apply for my passport renewal on 26 June at Bls Toronto_On 6 July it’s shows processing at consulate general.it’s almost 2 months completed but still no update..
Still it’s showing processing at consulate general
Can anyone tell me what I do in that case
Hey did you receive passport can you tell what happen I applied on aug 12 and same it’s more then 2 month showing processing at general consulate

storms

Oct 18, 2022
Sep 21, 2022 - Money order was cashed (tracked using western union money order tracking number)
UPDATE:

Oct 20, 2022 - Passport Printed
Oct 21, 2022 - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
Oct 24, 2022 - Delivered

Oct 18, 2022
Need help I applied passport renewal on 11 aug and status stuck at processing at general consulate raise enquire at sampark but got no reply.i love I’m winnipeg how can I contact general consulate or what options do I have

Oct 18, 2022
can you share your Time line. I am also awaiting to receive passport from CGI Toronto. Its been 2 month status is in process at Consulate
Hey did you receive your passport I also applied on aug 11 pv done on sept 14 but status stuck at processing at general consulate .