+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hello, can someone please tell me how long it takes to get passport after receiving email for police verification?
Hi,
Did you get an email for police verification? If yes, how many days after it showed the status as “Pending with India consulate”, did you get this email?

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. Can you please share timeline of these statuses so that I will get an idea?
For me it took 4 weeks end to end and you can see many other posts here with the detailed timelines. I didn't included the exact times, as I saw there is no consistency between application to application. I saw most of the application taking any where around 4 to 8 weeks end to end.

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hi,
How many days does it take to get an email for police verification after the CGI portal says the status is “Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate”?

Navya34

Apr 23, 2022
Hi,
Did you get an email for police verification? If yes, how many days after it showed the status as “Pending with India consulate”, did you get this email?
I got the status of "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" on April 15th. Got the email for police verification on April 23rd.

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
I got the status of "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" on April 15th. Got the email for police verification on April 23rd.
Thanks for sharing. I think both of us are almost in the same timeline. I got this status on Apr 22. Please keep sharing updates here

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Hello, can someone please tell me how long it takes to get passport after receiving email for police verification?
This may not apply for you but maybe for others who have been waiting for PV - it is advisable to check whether the PV details on the email you received has the right local police office of the address you provided. The Embassy here made a mistake and send my son's and daughter's application to the District Level SP Office, where it sat for 27 days till the mistake was realized. As per my discussion with the CGI Consul (Mr. Munjal), CGI Toronto normally waits 30 days till a 'proper PV is initiated', and if no PV is done by the SP Office, they go ahead and issue the passport. In my son's and daughters case the 'proper PV' was only issued on day 28, and now they either wait for the PV to be done to issue the passport, or 30 days of no updates, which will be total of 3 months since we applied for the passports.
Incase you do find an error the in the SP Office details please notify CGI Toronto immediately, as the SP Office will not act on anything they consider incorrect.

Last edited:

Navya34

Apr 23, 2022
This may not apply for you but maybe for others who have been waiting for PV - it is advisable to check whether the PV details on the email you received has the right local police office of the address you provided. The Embassy here made a mistake and send my son's and daughter's application to the District Level SP Office, where it sat for 27 days till the mistake was realized. As per my discussion with the CGI Consul (Mr. Munjal), CGI Toronto normally waits 30 days till a 'proper PV is initiated', and if no PV is done by the SP Office, they go ahead and issue the passport. In my son's and daughters case the 'proper PV' was only issued on day 28, and now they either wait for the PV to be done to issue the passport, or 30 days of no updates, which will be total of 3 months since we applied for the passports.
Incase you do find an error the in the SP Office details please notify CGI Toronto immediately, as the SP Office will not act on anything they consider incorrect.
Thank you for the info. My parents visited the area branch office today. They said the request was still at the commissioner's office and hadn't yet been forwarded to the branch. The police there asked multiple unrelated questions, asked for my adhaar card, marriage certificate, and a passport photo. I would understand the need for marriage certificate since my marital status has changed, but don't know why they need a my picture!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the info. My parents visited the area branch office today. They said the request was still at the commissioner's office and hadn't yet been forwarded to the branch. The police there asked multiple unrelated questions, asked for my adhaar card, marriage certificate, and a passport photo. I would understand the need for marriage certificate since my marital status has changed, but don't know why they need a my picture!
May be they need Gandhi ji's photo.

Reactions: santzapaul

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hi Durango_xx,

How did you contact the consulate? Is there a phone number? I could not find anything other than raising a concern on Sampark.