+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Paul321

Apr 21, 2017
Just checked online. The status now says "Passport application has been granted".
Hi, can you please share your time line. MY Police verification WAS done today. Status is showing application has been granted from last Friday SINCE I received an email that file has been sent for Police verification. Since then no update. I am in emergency situation and need to travel ..

Paul321

Apr 21, 2017
Hello, I haven't seen a lot of "passport application has been granted" status after police verification. Has anyone experienced this? If so how much longer for the passport to be printed? I have a flight on the 31st of May. Was wondering if I will be able to get my passport by then? Any help/guidance will be much appreciated.
Hi did receive your passport, I am on the same page

Clobo1985

May 3, 2022
Hello, the status changed to “print has been initiated for passport “ on Saturday. No change since then. Not sure how long it takes for printing to complete.
I would be grateful if you could share a timeline. My application for reissue was submitted on 21-Mar-2022. Got my police verification email on 7th April and the police verification has not happened. But the passport seva website shows the passport application has been granted. I contact CGI sampark and they replied back saying the police verification report awaited from my police station. Iv got a flight on June 3rd. When i spoke to BLS they said that it will definitely come in 8 weeks from the time of submission

sman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope. I visited the consulate this Friday, after numerous emails, they allowed me to attend the open house.

My application was sent to EO in Delhi but they handn’t heard back fo over 3 weeks.

The consulate is really backed up as passports are not the only thing they process. Its just an added service they provide. I was told that there’s no timeline they can give me as to when the passport will be issued.

Since I have to travel on India very soon (I cannot avoid this travel) and will be there for 6 weeks (atleast), i asked them for my passport back and withdrew the application.

I’ll get it renewed at the passport seva kendra in India while I’m there as my passport is valid till March 2022. The consulate suggested that it’ll probably be a better option for me as in India they can process application at a much faster pace and in case more info is required, they can quickly have you bring them documents & provide any clarifications.

PS:
If you don’t have to travel anytime soon, relax, the consulate is backed up, processing times in certain cases may be longer than usual.
If you do need to travel in the next 3-4 weeks and application is still “Granting Initiated”, I’d suggest contacting the consulate by emailing them daily.
My passport renewal status is showing "Granting Initiated", can I assume passport is ready for printing and expect to be in hand next few days/1 week?

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
My passport renewal status is showing "Granting Initiated", can I assume passport is ready for printing and expect to be in hand next few days/1 week?
No. It will/has gone for police verification now. You can check the detailed status on inspect mode

Navya34

Apr 23, 2022
I would be grateful if you could share a timeline. My application for reissue was submitted on 21-Mar-2022. Got my police verification email on 7th April and the police verification has not happened. But the passport seva website shows the passport application has been granted. I contact CGI sampark and they replied back saying the police verification report awaited from my police station. Iv got a flight on June 3rd. When i spoke to BLS they said that it will definitely come in 8 weeks from the time of submission
March 22 : package picked from home by purolator.

Match 23 : reached BLS

March 24 : in transit from BLS to consulate.

April 1st : Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

April 15th : Passport application is under review at Embassy/ Consulate

April 23rd : received email for police verification.

April 27 : verification done. Same day status updated to “Passport application has been granted”.

April 30th : Print has been initiated for passport.

May 4th : Passport has been printed.

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
March 22 : package picked from home by purolator.

Match 23 : reached BLS

March 24 : in transit from BLS to consulate.

April 1st : Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

April 15th : Passport application is under review at Embassy/ Consulate

April 23rd : received email for police verification.

April 27 : verification done. Same day status updated to “Passport application has been granted”.

April 30th : Print has been initiated for passport.

May 4th : Passport has been printed.
Does it show "Passport has been printed" on main page of CGI or BLS or inspect mode?

sman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. It will/has gone for police verification now. You can check the detailed status on inspect mode
No status change from last 4 days and I have a travel plan in first week of June. I am realy worrying.
  1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To GO", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
    1. EMP_ACTION: "Sent To GO"
    2. EVENT_DESC: ""
    3. FILE_NO: "-----"
    4. LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2022-05-01T00:00:00"
    5. STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
    6. STATUS_ID_FK: 5099
    7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK:
  2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
    1. EMP_ACTION: "Clear"
    2. EVENT_DESC: null
    3. FILE_NO: "----"
    5. STATUS_DESC: "Verified"
    6. STATUS_ID_FK: 993
    7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK:
  3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To VO", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
  4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for the passport renewal by postal this Monday and the application is being returned back to me. The BLS application status message says that as I indicted that I have applied for my Canadian citizenship (but still yet to receive it), that I need to also send a confirmation of citizenship application from cic. The thing is, it is not mentioned anywhere (or atleast I couldn’t find) on the bls website or the online application website that this document is required.. can someone here who were in the same situation kindly point me to the location where this requirement is specified? Needless to say I am very frustrated and angry that I wasted $67 on postal charges, but I just want I know if it’s due to my error or BLS incompetency.

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
No status change from last 4 days and I have a travel plan in first week of June. I am realy worrying.
  1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To GO", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
    1. EMP_ACTION: "Sent To GO"
    2. EVENT_DESC: ""
    3. FILE_NO: "-----"
    5. STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
    6. STATUS_ID_FK: 5099
    7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK:
  2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
    1. EMP_ACTION: "Clear"
    2. EVENT_DESC: null
    3. FILE_NO: "----"
    5. STATUS_DESC: "Verified"
    6. STATUS_ID_FK: 993
    7. STATUS_TRACKING_PK:
  3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To VO", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
  4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: ,…}
This is weird. Looks like your PV is cleared. I dont know why it says "Sent to go" again