+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
Hello Friends, Can anyone suggest whats the next step and how long it would take after police verification is clear?
Here are my timelines so far,

01 Feb 2022: Applied: (BLS Brampton)
02 Feb 2022 - In Transit from BLS To Consulate General - BLS Status
03 Feb 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
08 Feb 2022 - Sent for Police Verification to local PS - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Police Verification Clear - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status

How long it would take after this step? Worried as I have my ticket booked on Apr first week.
hi how do you know police varication is done and clear . did you got any email about police verification initiated ?

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
@parminderpt: Please follow the above post to get the status in Developer tools.

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
@parminderpt: Please follow the above post to get the status in Developer tools.
Hi, I used the above procedure to track my daughter's passport application status and no luck. StatusMap is blank like
  1. statusMap: {}
  2. statusMessage: "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."test123: ""
With above procedure, I get all the sub status for my passport which has been changing status. Any idea ?

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Hi, I used the above procedure to track my daughter's passport application status and no luck. StatusMap is blank like
  2. statusMessage: "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."test123: ""
With above procedure, I get all the sub status for my passport which has been changing status. Any idea ?
i dint understand your question.
but next status update would be "statusMessage: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." . for my application I got "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."test123:" on Feb 19 and it changed to "under review" on March 4th

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Hello Friends, Can anyone suggest whats the next step and how long it would take after police verification is clear?

08 Feb 2022 - Sent for Police Verification to local PS - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Police Verification Clear - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status

How long it would take after this step? Worried as I have my ticket booked on Apr first week.
Was canadian address your primary or indian?

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
i dint understand your question.
but next status update would be "statusMessage: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." . for my application I got "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."test123:" on Feb 19 and it changed to "under review" on March 4th
Sorry, confused you. My daughter's passport application was delivered to CGI on Feb 7th. Status changed to "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" on March 22nd. Since then there has been no update.
I checked the status as per process and I see following
Trying to find out what's the reason that there has been no change in the status for so long. Reached out to CGI in different ways but turned out of no help. Any idea ?

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022

My passport didn't go for police verification. But my passport moved from "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" to next step which is printing in 2 weeks.

Reactions: pprj1234

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016

no i mean ,do got any email about police verification initiated or ur status just change to that because my time is
07 Feb 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
07 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status .
till now nothing ,doesn't know what they are doing . police verification done or not yet
i have also has to go to india in first week of april

and can you explain which stage is my passport renewal is -:

1. statusMap: {noFileFoundMap: [{0: "0"}],…}
    1. ApplicationStatus: [,…]
    2. StatusId: [{EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365239,…},…]
      1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365239,…}
      2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365237,…}
      3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1796475935,…}
      4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1796475933,…}
    3. fileIsPCC: [{fileIsPCC: "false", fileTypeFlag: "Main"}]
    4. noFileFoundMap: [{0: "0"}]
  2. statusMessage: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."
  3. test123: ""

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
no i mean ,do got any email about police verification initiated or ur status just change to that because my time is
07 Feb 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
07 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status .
till now nothing ,doesn't know what they are doing . police verification done or not yet
i have also has to go to india in first week of april

and can you explain which stage is my passport renewal is -:

1. statusMap: {noFileFoundMap: [{0: "0"}],…}
    1. ApplicationStatus: [,…]
    2. StatusId: [{EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365239,…},…]
      1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365239,…}
      2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1797365237,…}
      3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1796475935,…}
      4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1796475933,…}
    3. fileIsPCC: [{fileIsPCC: "false", fileTypeFlag: "Main"}]
    4. noFileFoundMap: [{0: "0"}]
  2. statusMessage: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."
  3. test123: ""
I got an email as Police verification initiated. After that I checked in Developer tools and it has detailed steps as I mentioned with the timeline. As per the above status you posted, it says PV (police verification) initiated. So follow up with your respective SP Office/Local PS.

Last edited:
Reactions: parminderpt

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
Updated timeline:
14 Mar 2022 - Print has been initiated for passport - Passport India Portal Status

Any idea how long it would take after this step?
They print Passport in India or Canada?
Will contact the Consulate Office at Toronto will help to expedite?

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
I got an email as Police verification initiated. After that I check in Developer tools and it has detailed steps as I mentioned with the timeline. As per the above status you posted, it says PV (police verification) initiated. So follow up with your respective SP Office/Local PS.
may i ask u which state you belong . because I think I put the wrong PS on the application. later on i find the correct local PS. what is ur suggestion my family member can do?

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
Updated timeline:
14 Mar 2022 - Print has been initiated for passport - Passport India Portal Status

Any idea how long it would take after this step?
They print Passport in India or Canada?
Will contact the Consulate Office at Toronto will help to expedite?
As per previous posts. its printed in toronto embassy . Your status should change to printed tomorrow or day after and then dispatch is delayed for many people for almost a week . I dont know either if you can contact consulate to pick it up directly

Reactions: pprj1234

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
may i ask u which state you belong . because I think I put the wrong PS on the application. later on i find the correct local PS. what is ur suggestion my family member can do?
Most of the people recently faced this problem including me. I selected the right district and police station while filling the online form. but the particular field was populated as blank when the application was submitted. I checked multiple times with the original form that its entered properly but didn't come up in the final form to be submitted.

Its an error in Passport India online form. So for my case, when it was sent for police verification it went to the SP office but not the local PS. I got an email from Passport India Admin to connect with the SP office or local PS. It took 2-3 days to find where the application is. Due to some good contacts in SP office, they could trace the request and sent it to local PS. After local PS clearance they again sent it to SP office and finally the SP office will update it to Passport India/particular embassy. the entire process is online. The moment there is any update you can see it in Developer mode.

All PV checks first goes to SP office and from there it goes to local PS. once local PS completes the verification they again send back to SP office with clearance and the SP office update it to the Embassy/Passport India online.

Last edited:
Reactions: parminderpt

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
I am from Odisha. Most of the people recently faced this problem including me. I selected the right district and police station while filling the online form. but the particular field was populated as blank when the application was submitted. I checked multiple times with the orginal form thats its entered properly but didn't come up in the final form to be submitted.

Its an error in Passport India online form. So for my case, when it was sent for police verification it went to the SP office but not the local PS. I got an email from Passport India Admin to connect with the SP office or local PS. It took 2-3 days to find where the application is. Due to some good contacts in SP office, they could trace the request and sent it to local PS. After local PS clearance they again sent it to SP office and finally the SP office will update it to Passport India/particular embassy. the entire process is online. The moment there is any update you can see it in Developer mode.

All PV checks first goes to SP office and from there it goes to local PS. once local PS completes the verification they again send back to SP office with clearance and the SP office update it to the Embassy/Passport India online.
thing is that i did not received any email about PV. that why i confused now?