+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
I had applied for my wife's and daughter's passport renewal together. We got my wife's passport last week but daughter's is still in progress. I had received an email saying that the police verification had initiated and the police did get in touch with relatives back in India. The status on passport portal has been "Print has been initiated" for about a week now.

Didnt do any follow ups yet. My wife already had a PCC processed last month and that is likely why they didnt initiate a police verification for her.

Application date:- 21/01/2022
Did you put India address for your daughter and Canada address for your wife ? For my daughter (who is in Canada, a minor dependent) we have to put India address on the passport. BLS clearly mentioned that it has to be India address. Did you have similar situation?

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
This was really helpful.
mine says "Grant On Hold Send to CSE". not sure what this means... I googled and found that CSE means Customer service executive".

I submitted application on 1st Sep 2021 and this last update was on 27th Sep 2021 and no movement after that.
Did you get your passport?

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hello..I submitted the renewal application via Purolator and it reached on feb 28, tracked through Purolator shows as received at the reception. The BLS status just shws the date i applied as application submitted. I wanted to know how long it normally takes to see the application as received/ or any thing to the next level? Do we receive updates through email?? Thank you for your time!!

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Did you put India address for your daughter and Canada address for your wife ? For my daughter (who is in Canada, a minor dependent) we have to put India address on the passport. BLS clearly mentioned that it has to be India address. Did you have similar situation?
I have Canada address on both of them

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
I have Canada address on both of them
Thank you. My daughter's passport is status is stuck with status "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate " for quite long. In fact, there is no File No generated for the file as well. Did you also run into issue where file number is not generated for your child application ?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Not much to update but here it is -

Enveloped Picked from Home Feb 25, 2022
Reached Brampton BLS - Feb 28, 2022
BLS Updated the tracker on March 2, 2022 that it's at Consulate General
my status shows this at Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates

Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

how long does it take after this? I have travel plans end of April and don't want to cancel them. :( :(

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Thank you. My daughter's passport is status is stuck with status "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate " for quite long. In fact, there is no File No generated for the file as well. Did you also run into issue where file number is not generated for your child application ?
Daughter's passport took longer to have a file number but only by a few days.

onlytohelp

Mar 10, 2022
my status shows this at Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates

Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

how long does it take after this? I have travel plans end of April and don't want to cancel them. :( :(
my status in passport seva website -said processing at consulate General on Feb 19th and status went to under review in on March 04 and no progress after that.
Some people got their passport in 19-20 days . For me its almost 5 weeks and dint get the passport yet. Its case by case basis I think.

rajnut

Jan 12, 2022
my status in passport seva website -said processing at consulate General on Feb 19th and status went to under review in on March 04 and no progress after that.
Some people got their passport in 19-20 days . For me its almost 5 weeks and dint get the passport yet. Its case by case basis I think.
Same case with my daughter's passport renewal. There is no file number generated on CGI website as well. My passport renewal was submitted same day and is now in transition to BLS.

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
hi

Do any anybody tell me, is police verification is done for renewal of passport? .
Did your family back home got any phone call or some one visited them from the police station .

I think by mistake i did put wrong police station . do any body know what can be done?
my time line is

Feb 7- Application received by BLS
March 7- Passport India portal-Application submitted and under review by consulate/Embassy

Last edited:

RichaRicha

Feb 28, 2022
hi

Do any anybody tell me, is police verification is done for renewal of passport? .
Did your family back home got any phone call or some one visited them from the police station .

I think by mistake i did put wrong police station . do any body know can be done?
my time line is

March 7- Passport India portal-Application submitted and under review by consulate/Embassy
hi

I think by mistake i did put wrong police station . do any body know can be done?
my time line is

Check this link where you can find out the police station details. https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/LocatePoliceStation

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Hello Eveyone,
I need your help, my passport was lost four months ago and I applied for new one in November and it’s still under processing. Is there anyone dealing with similar/ lost passport situation. Please help me with that.
Thank you
Did you get any update?

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
Hello Friends, Can anyone suggest whats the next step and how long it would take after police verification is clear?
Here are my timelines so far,

01 Feb 2022: Applied: (BLS Brampton)
02 Feb 2022 - In Transit from BLS To Consulate General - BLS Status
03 Feb 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
08 Feb 2022 - Sent for Police Verification to local PS - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Police Verification Clear - Passport India Portal Status in Inspect Mode
14 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status

How long it would take after this step? Worried as I have my ticket booked on Apr first week.