+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

pitra426

Jan 1, 2016
Have you received further update on your passport? Has it been dispatched to you?
Status as of
22nd Jan : "Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch."
Also, received reply from HCI on 22nd to my email dt. 18th Jan: passport granted, printed in India, shipped to HCI Ottawa - said it takes 1-2 weeks for HCI to get the passport after which it will be issued.

23rd Jan-8pm: Police verification done at India permanent address

BLS status: Processing at HC (no change)

How about you? Has your status changed now? I would estimate it to change this week when PP is received at HCI-should just be a matter of 1 week to 10 days for you to get the PP as your PV was done 1 week before mine.

Abi2000

Jul 31, 2017
Hi Guys,
I’m just trying to start my application for renewal in Toronto. But it’s asking me for an Adhaar number. And then at the bottom it says I Agree Yes/No.

Would it be an issue ifI left it empty because I don’t have an adhaar card?

Also if someone could shine a light on what services they consider under the utility bill?

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,
My application reached BLS yesterday morning (Purolator Tracking) via postal service.
I assume the next step will be an acknowledgment with the File number on my mail. Can anyone tell me what would be the next step and how long it will take to hear from BLS?

Nachiappan M

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,
My application reached BLS yesterday morning (Purolator Tracking) via postal service.
I assume the next step will be an acknowledgment with the File number on my mail. Can anyone tell me what would be the next step and how long it will take to hear from BLS?
Hi, May i know what documents you sent along with your application? (Original Documents?) Do we need to update Personal Information Form with Photo on it? Also, do we need to take 2 separate DD bls processing fee+ HCI/CGI Passport Fee? or together one?

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, May i know what documents you sent along with your application? (Original Documents?) Do we need to update Personal Information Form with Photo on it? Also, do we need to take 2 separate DD bls processing fee+ HCI/CGI Passport Fee? or together one?
Only original passport. Rest of them self attested copies.
We don’t need to fill personal particular form. You can take a single Bank draft of 110.40$.

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,
Hi, I only received a confirmation e-mail from BLS the day after it was delivered by Purolator. Did not receive any other updates or e-mails. I just kept tracking on the BLS website and Passport seva website.

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Status as of
22nd Jan : "Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch."
Also, received reply from HCI on 22nd to my email dt. 18th Jan: passport granted, printed in India, shipped to HCI Ottawa - said it takes 1-2 weeks for HCI to get the passport after which it will be issued.

23rd Jan-8pm: Police verification done at India permanent address

BLS status: Processing at HC (no change)

How about you? Has your status changed now? I would estimate it to change this week when PP is received at HCI-should just be a matter of 1 week to 10 days for you to get the PP as your PV was done 1 week before mine.
Yes, passport website has no further update after "Passport has been printed". Have received tracking info on BLS website though.

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, I only received a confirmation e-mail from BLS the day after it was delivered by Purolator. Did not receive any other updates or e-mails. I just kept tracking on the BLS website and Passport seva website.
I didn't get any mail from BLS yet. You got the file number to track on that mail from BLS? When I track at BLS website with passport number it says "No record found"

Last edited:

pitra426

Jan 1, 2016
Yes, passport website has no further update after "Passport has been printed". Have received tracking info on BLS website though.
"Have received tracking info on BLS website though"
-Has your status changed on BLS and you are able to see the Purolator tracking#?

Using application ref.# provided at time of application submission at https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php status is still 'Processing at High Commission'.

Am I using the correct BLS link or is there another one?

pitra426

Jan 1, 2016
I didn't get any mail from BLS yet. You got the file number to track on that mail from BLS? When I track at BLS website with passport number it says "No record found"
To track on BLS website https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php you need the application reference# (eg.20-1234567890') + DOB or submitted passport#

I did a walk-in submission and was given the application reference number right then.
I guess BLS would email you the application reference# when they accept your application.
You need that # to track on the Govt. Passport website too.

-The file number you mention (format CA12345678901234) is generated by the High Commission (not BLS) when they begin the processing of your application.

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
To track on BLS website https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php you need the application reference# (eg.20-1234567890') + DOB or submitted passport#

I did a walk-in submission and was given the application reference number right then.
I guess BLS would email you the application reference# when they accept your application.
You need that # to track on the Govt. Passport website too.

-The file number you mention (format CA12345678901234) is generated by the High Commission (not BLS) when they begin the processing of your application.
Thanks!
Yeah I have this ref no. with me.
I tried tracking at bls tracking link using DOB and passport# as they mentioned but it’s giving me “No records found” result.
Today also I didn't received any acknowledgment from BLS.
Day 3 over after delivery update on purolator tracking.

Dhilln_parneet

Jan 24, 2021
Thanks!
Yeah I have this ref no. with me.
I tried tracking at bls tracking link using DOB and passport# as they mentioned but it’s giving me “No records found” result.
Today also I didn't received any acknowledgment from BLS.
Day 3 over after delivery update on purolator tracking.
Hey
Did you recieve any update ?
Its been 5 days there is no update of me as well

amitesh

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Hello Everyone !! I am planning to renew my passport. But I am having concern with my Indian address. My current passport address is not anymore useful as my family shifted to a different city. I am having all address proof with the current passport address. I never went back to India since that time so that I can change the new address on my documents. I have Canadian address proof as required by BLS.
1. What are the options for me regarding the address on my new passport?

2. Can I get a Canadian address printed on my passport?

3. As I need to provide one Indian address during the application process, which address I should give the current address of my family or old address

Thanks in adv for your valuable suggestions and time ...

Cursor

Jan 30, 2021
Made an account just to post my BLS Toronto application timeline. Thanks to the community for giving me information when I needed it.

Timeline - BLS Brampton Postal Application -
  • Dropped off @ Purolator pick-up point - 24/12/2020
  • Reached BLS as per Purolator - 29/12/2020 (Christmas/Boxing day holidays delay)
  • Acknowledgement email by BLS Brampton - 31/12/2020
  • BLS Website application status 1st update 'In Progress' - 05/01/2021
  • Police verification intimation email - 11/01/2021
  • Received new passport via Purolator suddenly! - 15/01/2021
  • Police verification request on Indian address - 29/01/2021 (yes, after receiving passport - parents were asked to show documents) - process completed.
Quite surprised and happy to have received it in just 15 days from acknowledgement by BLS Brampton.

Got my address changed to Canadian address by simply providing a self-attested Ontario driving licence copy.

Last edited:

Cursor

Jan 30, 2021
Hello Everyone !! I am planning to renew my passport. But I am having concern with my Indian address. My current passport address is not anymore useful as my family shifted to a different city. I am having all address proof with the current passport address. I never went back to India since that time so that I can change the new address on my documents. I have Canadian address proof as required by BLS.
1. What are the options for me regarding the address on my new passport?

2. Can I get a Canadian address printed on my passport?

3. As I need to provide one Indian address during the application process, which address I should give the current address of my family or old address

Thanks in adv for your valuable suggestions and time ...
1. BLS checklist encourages writing Canadian address if you have that proof. Secondary Indian address to be mentioned in the application where police verification will take place.

2. Yes. I provided an Ontario Driving licence copy, self-attested.

3. Give the Indian address where family currently lives and can show documents. This was the message my parents received from the police station -
"Passport verification date 29/01/2021 on 11.0 to 11.30 AM plz come at ********* with all original doc. & Xerox of :- Passport Application form, Aadhar Card, Property tax receipt, Bank Passbook., Birth cert. , Leaving cert.,curr Month light bill, Ration card. In case of rented room den take valid room agreement + gas book+ owner & society noc."

I received my passport before police verification was done in India, but I suppose getting it done is still important for completeness of procedure.