+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renewal for Permanent Residents

blue_canadian

Aug 23, 2020
Hi There,

I am a Canadian Permanent resident, and an Indian Citizen , and my Passport is about to expire in few months (December 2020).

That being said

1 : If I renew my INDIAN passport, will I get the same passport number or different passport number ?

2 : Do I have to carry both passports to travel to any countries ? or just the new passport it enough ?

3 : I have heard the new Passport printed for PR holders in Toronto will have your Canadian address instead of your INDIAN address ? is there a way we can insist them to have only our INDIAN address printed on the passport instead of the Canadian address ? because we do not have a permanent house in Canada and each time we move to a different house in the province or different provinces do we have to change the address on the passport ? and each time we CHANGE THE ADDRESS in Canada on the passport do we get a new passport with new number ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. Probably a different number.
2. Of course not, why would you need an expired passport?
3. Take it up with the Indian consulate. You probably don't need to update your address every time you move though.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
3 : I have heard the new Passport printed for PR holders in Toronto will have your Canadian address instead of your INDIAN address ? is there a way we can insist them to have only our INDIAN address printed on the passport instead of the Canadian address ? because we do not have a permanent house in Canada and each time we move to a different house in the province or different provinces do we have to change the address on the passport ? and each time we CHANGE THE ADDRESS in Canada on the passport do we get a new passport with new number ?
Always current address is printed on renewed passport(Indian).
If you want to update your address(any country where you stay), you can submit a new request, in which the passport number will change with the new address.
You cant have Indian address if you are staying in Canada and applying from Canada.
After returning to India (permanently), you can update your Indian address, which obviously will have a new passport number.

blue_canadian

Aug 23, 2020
Always current address is printed on renewed passport(Indian).
If you want to update your address(any country where you stay), you can submit a new request, in which the passport number will change with the new address.
You cant have Indian address if you are staying in Canada and applying from Canada.
After returning to India (permanently), you can update your Indian address, which obviously will have a new passport number.

So each time I move a house in Canada , do I have to get a new Passport ?

blue_canadian

Aug 23, 2020
Depends on whether you have a valid visa in the old passport and if you want to travel to that country. For example, USA issues a 10 year visa so if you have a valid visa in old passport and the person is travelling to USA then old passport would be needed.
So the old passport is only needed if it has any VISA stamping's which still are not expired and you are visiting that country, or else you DO NOT need to carry that passport , right ?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi There,

I am a Canadian Permanent resident, and an Indian Citizen , and my Passport is about to expire in few months (December 2020).

That being said

1 : If I renew my INDIAN passport, will I get the same passport number or different passport number ?

2 : Do I have to carry both passports to travel to any countries ? or just the new passport it enough ?

Yeh passport ka matlab kya hai?

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
So each time I move a house in Canada , do I have to get a new Passport ?
I have gotten new passports twice while staying in USA (New York and Washington DC). Each time I had my Indian address in the passport. My wife on the other hand got her USA address on the passport. We are now moving from USA to Canada in about a month as PR's and both will have different country on the passports. I am not going to bother changing it and just wait till we become Canadian citizens to get a new passport with a Canadian address on it.

Reactions: blue_canadian

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hello
I need to renew my passport for me and my kids.Passport is due to expire in 7 months. My questions are
1. Do I have to include personal particulars form for all?
2. When i choose to send the application, will that be in different parcels or all separate applications enclosed in an envelope mailed together as one courier. I hope you understood what I meant.
3.Which option is better? Can we go to a purolator center and ask about return as well ? Or asking the BLS to print the label for us?
Thank you