+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renew

Dhec

Mar 9, 2020
Hi
I need some advise if anyone gone through same situation.
Im indian passport holder.
I made refugee claim in canada and middle of process but i got married few months ago and wife is Permanent resident here.
I applied for permanent resident through my wife under spouse category and i will withdraw my refugee application at right step
But my passport is expiring soon (within4 months).
I must need valid passport at the time of landing.

I heard that if tou made refugee claim then indian embassy canada wont give you or renew your passport?

Is that true and what are the options to renew or get new passport from indian embassy canada
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I need some advise if anyone gone through same situation.
Im indian passport holder.
I made refugee claim in canada and middle of process but i got married few months ago and wife is Permanent resident here.
I applied for permanent resident through my wife under spouse category and i will withdraw my refugee application at right step
But my passport is expiring soon (within4 months).
I must need valid passport at the time of landing.

I heard that if tou made refugee claim then indian embassy canada wont give you or renew your passport?

Is that true and what are the options to renew or get new passport from indian embassy canada
Thanks
Once you withdraw your asylum claim you no linger have status and are on the removal list. Even if you are being sponsored you could end up being removed. That will be up to CBSA. Given your passport issue it will likely be better to return to India and renew your passport and wait for spousal sponsorship. If you are not applying for asylum please withdraw your claim you are wasting resources and delaying other asylum claims. If you are not using a private lawyer a legal aid lawyer time Is being wasted and so is their funding which means another client has likely been turned away . If you are paying your own lawyer you are wasting your own money.

Reactions: kelepirci