+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian national residing in Dubai

SnS

Jul 13, 2010
Hi,
I'd like to sponsor my spouse who is an Indian national currently residng in Dubai, UAE for the past 6 years. Since the turnaround time to process the PR application from the Abu Dhabi office is 9-18 months, can he apply for a PR from the office in New Delhi, India. He has already obtained police clearance certificates from both the UAE and India.

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes sns,
its definitely advisable that you opt for ND visa office than abu dhabi as it is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow. ND is goddamn fast ..... so if there are not other complications... i think its best for you to apply thru ND. only concern is ... ND asks for ppt almost immediately after AOR and keep it till they finalise the visa and stamp it..... dont know how will u manage that since your hubby is in foreign country and w/o ppt how will he manage. also another thing is in india it is illegal to send ppt by courier so how will u send the ppt. other that this i cannot really see any other glitch in this. check for hte best options and then act accordingly.
i have my application in abu dhabi and every day i feel, had i known abt this option to apply thru ND, i would have perhaps got my visa by now..... but no point in thinking that now .... coz to get file transferred seems like not being an option ...... and hence i m stuck here..... with abu dhabi.....

but i would definitely suggest everyone who has the option to apply thru another visa office than abu dhabi ... to do so .... and get their visas faster......

all the best
mrs. canada

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
Hell Mr. Canada,

Do you have any updates regarding your case from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhab?

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
You can definetely go through Delhi office. I just filed my application for my spouse who is an Indian national living in Greece. The Rome office takes upwards of 13 months so, we used the Delhi office as his visa office. His plans are once that they request the visa, he will fly directly to Delhi and drop it off and wait out the time it takes for the stamp (usually about 4 weeks). Regardless if it was allowed or no to mail his passport, he is in a country that requires all foreign nationals to be in possession of their pp. So, upon request he will just leave for India with it.

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello,

I am an Indian living in Dubai and have a valid residence visa that I have to renew every 2 years. I have lived in since I was 3 years old and now I am 30.

I am being asked for National Identity Document number. Do I wrote my Emirates ID card or my Indian PAN card? The PAN card does not have an issue date or expiry date though. And Emirates ID does not have an Issue date. ( the issue and expiry dates are asked and needed to validate the form right?)

I don't have an Adhaar card as I am an NRI.