+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Indian] For doing a second master's in Canada, do universities ask for 10th and 12th marks?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Title says it all. Just wondering.

EDIT:
While I am at it, how long do universities take to accept or reject me once I apply?

Last edited:

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
I have applied to 11 universities for Masters program and none asked for 10th or 12th marks. So just relax.
Mine also did not ask. Just graduation and transcripts. Memorial university
Thank you for your insights guys.

I was a bit worried as I have low marks across my academics. If they saw all my academics, I would be rejected. But if they look at only my bachlors and master's, I can state I have low marks in bachlors (49.5%) but tried to cover it up in my master's (60%).

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
@Nandy0488 , @Simmidas , @Guler ,

Can I know if you provided 10th and 12th marksheets / transcripts when applying for VISA? Cause I am worried I can get rejected there as well.
Don't worry you will be fine as long as you have provided yours Bachelor's degree certificate and marksheet.

I have provided my bachelor's and schooling details both but this is not necessary.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Guys, what about when applying for student permit? On Visa office instructions – University Students [IMM 5957], following statements are given -
  • Provide the details of your education and work experience since the age of 18.
  • Photocopy of the most recent diploma or leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable).
From the above lines, it looks like they are only asking for most recent education i.e Bachelors degree documents. Please advise.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Guys, what about when applying for student permit? On Visa office instructions – University Students [IMM 5957], following statements are given -
  • Provide the details of your education and work experience since the age of 18.
  • Photocopy of the most recent diploma or leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable).
From the above lines, it looks like they are only asking for most recent education i.e Bachelors degree documents. Please advise.
Looking at the statements you have posted, they are looking for education only after the age of 18. So most Indian students complete their 10th when 15 years of age and 12th when they are 17 years of age.

So if you are on the same track, you won't have to submit your 12th mark sheets.

But anything after that, you will have to provide, bachelors or masters.