+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian DL extract issues

Sputhane

May 4, 2023
Hi everybody.
I have my car driving license since 2004, and got it renewed recently to a chip based card, but the new license issue date is showing 2021 date, where as I need to have atleast 2 year experience to show if I get into Truck driving in Canada. If I directly want a G2 license.
The extract also shows only 2021 date, how can I prove my driving years experience??
Any similar cases here, please share your knowledge....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everybody.
I have my car driving license since 2004, and got it renewed recently to a chip based card, but the new license issue date is showing 2021 date, where as I need to have atleast 2 year experience to show if I get into Truck driving in Canada. If I directly want a G2 license.
The extract also shows only 2021 date, how can I prove my driving years experience??
What province are you living in? Go into local provincial service office and ask.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi everybody.
Hi there,

I understand your concern. It can be frustrating when your driving experience is not reflected on your driver's license.

In your case, the issue date of your driver's license is showing 2021, even though you have been driving since 2004. This is because the issue date of a driver's license is the date that the license was renewed, not the date that you first started driving.

To prove your driving years experience, you will need to provide some documentation. This could include:
  • A copy of your old driver's license, which will show the original issue date.
  • A letter from your previous employer, verifying your driving experience.
  • A driving abstract, which is a document that lists your driving history.
You can also contact the issuing authority for your driver's license and request a letter of experience. This letter will typically state the date that you first started driving, as well as the date that your current driver's license was issued.

Once you have gathered this documentation, you can submit it to the licensing authority in the province or territory where you want to drive a truck. They will review your documentation and determine whether you have enough driving experience to qualify for a G2 license.

I hope this information is helpful.