+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian BDS (Dentist) what is the equivalency in Canada (WES)

Pradeep2105

Jan 19, 2021
Sir / madam. Is bds considered as professional course or bachelor's with 3 or more years ? Please do reply . Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, Did your wife studied BDS in INDIA and from which university? And Professional course equivalent to master right, in EE?
No professional course is equivalent to a professional course. Would warn you that there is a surplus of dentists in Canada that only keeps getting worse.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-growth/glut-of-dentists-causes-aches-in-canadas-big-cities/article36322773/#:~:text=A 2016 CDA study shows,," according to the association.

Boggles my mind why Canada favours immigration for professional degrees when there are huge oversupply of dentists, pharmacists and lawyers.

sahilngpl9

Nov 25, 2018
No professional course is equivalent to a professional course. Would warn you that there is a surplus of dentists in Canada that only keeps getting worse.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-growth/glut-of-dentists-causes-aches-in-canadas-big-cities/article36322773/#:~:text=A 2016 CDA study shows,," according to the association.

Boggles my mind why Canada favours immigration for professional degrees when there are huge oversupply of dentists, pharmacists and lawyers.
So, if it is equivalent to professional course, then I believe it should give same no. of points as master, what you say? And are you also a dentist facing difficulties in Canada?

Rageshqld

Feb 22, 2022
My wife did her BDS from yenepoya university, mangalore.. it’s not in the list of university approved by WES …. So I am worried what to do ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife did her BDS from yenepoya university, mangalore.. it’s not in the list of university approved by WES …. So I am worried what to do ???
All you can do is submit and see what equivalency is. No one can tell you what will happen. Is she the primary applicant? What is CRS score with equivalency.