+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Vehicle No Claim Insurance Certificate - Any benefit in Canada Insurance

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am driving a car for last 10 years . Is there any benefit of carrying the No Claim certificate from India vehicle Insurance company.

Would It help me in getting a lower insurance rate in Ontario, Canada

Regards

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would advise to bring it along as there is no harm having it, it can only benifit. In quotes that I got for my insurance, it really did not help a great deal. There are many others who believe it does.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pun123 said:
Hi

I am driving a car for last 10 years . Is there any benefit of carrying the No Claim certificate from India vehicle Insurance company.

Would It help me in getting a lower insurance rate in Ontario, Canada

Regards
No amount of paperwork would help reducing the Auto Insurance costs in Canada. Basically they r a rip-off here, moreso for the newcomers. Unless u have a driving experience of North Americas, in the last 4yrs. there'd be no respite from the $300-450/month insurance instalments, irrespective of the type/make/value of the car u purchase here.

So, IMHO, no point in trying.

Qorax

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
qorax said:
No amount of paperwork would help reducing the Auto Insurance costs in Canada. Basically they r a rip-off here, moreso for the newcomers. Unless u have a driving experience of North Americas, in the last 4yrs. there'd be no respite from the $300-450/month insurance instalments, irrespective of the type/make/value of the car u purchase here.

Qorax
A complete rip off !! In the UK, my yearly insurance totals to 800 pounds - I know of few others who got a better deal too.
$300-450/month is almost 4000 pounds yearly - ouch !

Sanity

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

Qorax
It would help you in getting a lower insurance rate in British Columbia and Manitoba, Canada though. It just takes time to process. I bought my car in BC and initially, the broker applied 25% discount on my behalf. It was rejected a few months later . When I reapplied with new supporting letters, the insurance company granted me 30% discount!

It seems auto insurance is lower in BC than Ontario.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
It reduced ours in Alberta too. My fiancé had 9 years and took it to the insurance broker when he went to insure our 2nd car, with the discount from the No Claims we are paying pratically the same as before, but for 2 cars so it reduced the premium by about 40%