+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
After i got PCC in July 2020, I went to India on December for a month vacation and returned back to Canada. Can I still use that PCC or should I request new one ?

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi sorry for late reply. It was suppose to reach me yesterday but as no one was at home so it went back at Purolator service center. Today I will be picking it up myself from there.
@Wacky1.nash that's great I know the feeling.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi Members,
My file was submitted in CGI Toronto on 08th March(through BLS). On 5th April, SP office sent a report back to CGI, Toronto. So, it's 2 weeks since the ball is in CGI Toronto hand. si this normal?
Most of the friends who submitted after me received their PCC. I have dropped a mail to CGI, but they are not replying or responding on call.

Please suggest. I am approaching the submission date.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hi Members,
My file was submitted in CGI Toronto on 08th March(through BLS). On 5th April, SP office sent a report back to CGI, Toronto. So, it's 2 weeks since the ball is in CGI Toronto hand. si this normal?
Most of the friends who submitted after me received their PCC. I have dropped a mail to CGI, but they are not replying or responding on call.

Please suggest. I am approaching the submission date.
Yeah. 2 weeks is normal based on the timelines I see in the thread. Hopefully, the status will be changing in passport portal website next week.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone , would like to share timeline for PCC for my brother :-

Application received by Purolator - March1 , 2021
Application tracked at bls website:- March 8, 2021
Police Verification done back home (Punjab) - March 26,2021.

Since then , there are no further updates
If we check the status shows - Processing at Consulate General on bls website , and if we login and check , it reads generic message :-
Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate..

It's been so long and we are stuck with PCC.
Please recommend if we should follow up or still wait as it is now turning stressful while waiting for this PCC.

Thank you !

bergfrue89

Apr 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for Indian PCC through a postal application and I understand that updates/timelines are different for everyone. However, in my case it has been 11 days now that my application has been received by CGI and I have not yet received the "Police Verification Initiation" email. Is this normal and in case I want to escalate how do I do that? Any insights would be helpful and appreciated.

Current status on https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html : "PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. "

Thanks for your time !

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for Indian PCC through a postal application and I understand that updates/timelines are different for everyone. However, in my case it has been 11 days now that my application has been received by CGI and I have not yet received the "Police Verification Initiation" email. Is this normal and in case I want to escalate how do I do that? Any insights would be helpful and appreciated.

Current status on https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html : "PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. "

Thanks for your time !
Based on the timelines in the thread, the police verification will be initiated within a week after the application have been received by CGI.
You can try email passport.toronto@mea.gov.in. You may get a prompt/generic reply about the timelines OR no reply. I don't mean to shatter your hope. Unfortunately, all we can do is WAIT :(

Reactions: bergfrue89

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
As far as I see from the information shared in this thread, it takes at least 2 weeks from the day police verification completed in India, for the next status as "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed ". And for some it takes around 3 weeks.
I want to know the payment options for BLS and how I can pay courier return fee

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone
Could you please let me know what is the next notification after Processing at Consulate General ?
How long does it taje these days to change atatus from Processing at Consulate General to the next step?
Please let me know as the application was submitted on March 1 and bls website shows Processing at Consulate General since quite some time .
Thank you!

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone
Could you please let me know what is the next notification after Processing at Consulate General ?
How long does it taje these days to change atatus from Processing at Consulate General to the next step?
Please let me know as the application was submitted on March 1 and bls website shows Processing at Consulate General since quite some time .
Thank you!
What is the status you see in consulate website?

Reactions: AditiS9024

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
On bls website it says Processing at Consulate General and on the other portal it now says PCC has been printed.
BLS website will update status as "In transit from Consulate to BLS" in couple of days and after a day or two, you should be able to see a tracking number for the shipping from BLS to your address.

May I know when was the police verification completed in local police station?

VIVAZ

Mar 13, 2021
Following is my timeline for PCC :

18th March 2021 : Police Verification Initiated

24th March 2021: Police Verification done at home and documents submitted.

On the passport seva website, the status still shows that 'Police Verification has been initiated...'. I have emailed multiple times to the CGI requesting an update, but they have been reverting saying it will take 6-8 weeks. I am still waiting for my PCC. It has been exactly a month since the Police verification was initiated. Any suggestions on where I can get more details on where the application is stuck? I have already followed up with the local police station and they sent me the screenshot of their system that shows everything is uploaded and approved.

Last edited: