MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi,
I submitted my PCC application for Toronto jurisdiction on 11 March 2021. I am wondering that my file is still under process at indian embassy and no request has been sent yet to my back home.
Hey make sure you check your email, you should have received PCC initiation with CAT #

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Finally saw an update on the status today on Passport seva that my Police Clearance Certificate is printed :)

My timeline:

Feb 19 - Application picked up by Purolator
Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
Feb 23 - Application delivered by Purolator
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)
March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"
March 18 - Tracking says "Police verification has been initiated...."
March 19 - Police contacted my mother and requested copies of several documents and passport photo
March 22 - Mother submitted all documents to police and police confirmed police verification report was sent.
March 31 - Mother went back to the police station and reconfirmed that the police report was sent.
April 5 - Called BLS to check whether there was any issue in receipt of police verification report.. Received response that they have no way of knowing whether Consulate has received the police verification report and that it takes 1-2 weeks after police verification report is sent for PCC to be printed. I pointed out that it has been more than 2 weeks in my case and they suggested I call the consulate. When I pointed out that no one picks up the call and voicemail is not enabled, they suggested I email them. So I emailed CGI, and received an irrelevant response that "it takes 6 -8 weeks to process PCC application" and link to their website. I responded to email asking for a response to my question whether they received the police verification report, because if they haven't I would need to address the issue in India.
April 8 - Since I didn't hear back from CGI, I emailed again asking for a response, this time including all the emails on the website.
April 8 - Received the same generic response but an additional line saying "there is no action required from your end." I asked if this meant they received the police verification report as that was my question.
April 9 - Tracking says "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed."
Wow, you sure had a lengthy process.
Even I just now today had a update that my PCC has printed. Hope to recieve it next week.

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Here is my process timelime. Hope it helps

12 March - Postal Application Picked by Purolator

16 March - In transit from BLS to Consulate General

21 March - Recieved email of PCC initiation

23 March - PCC done at India police station

BLS still appears to be Processing at Consulate General as of April 7

April 9 - Passport Seva website tracking: PCC is printed

Will update when it's arrived at my address.

Reactions: canprind2020

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hello every one,
This I see at passport seva.ca
March 8: Purolator Pickup
March 13:delivered at BlS
March 22: police Verification has been initiated and a request has been to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian embassy/Consulate. My father went to Police station on the same day.
Update yesterday
April 6 pcc has been printed
April 9 pcc delivered

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hello every one,
This I see at passport seva.ca
March 8: Purolator Pickup
March 13:delivered at BlS
March 22: police Verification has been initiated and a request has been to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian embassy/Consulate. My father went to Police station on the same day.
Update yesterday
April 6 pcc has been printed
April 9 pcc delivered
That's great, then I should expect mine around Monday or Tuesday. Thanks

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Was wondering if anyone else here has had a PCC issued from India through BLS, and if yes - how long did it take?

My current status on the website : Processing at Consulate General
As far as I see from the information shared in this thread, it takes at least 2 weeks from the day police verification completed in India, for the next status as "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed ". And for some it takes around 3 weeks.

Rikinshah

Feb 1, 2013
Hi All,

If there is a delay after the police verification where the local police has already sent the file ahead, please contact the SP of the your area because thats where the file goes next before they send the Clear report to Embassy directly. SP office is where the delay woould be happening. You can always visit the SP office and if you have any contact inside then they will escalate your file.

This is what happened in my case, once I got to know file has reached the police station, my father went and spoke to the police handling the files to speed up the process as it was quite urgent for me. We requested the local police to escalate the file and he told me the file is already sent to the SP office where you need to contact the department handling the files to escalate it further from their side. Obviously the escalation at both places in India come at a certain cost (few thousands).

As someone had already pointed out earlier, Local Police ->SP Office -> Embassy

Hope this helps anyone waiting for the PCC after the local police has already sent the file ahead and still havent received any update.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Wow, you sure had a lengthy process.
Even I just now today had a update that my PCC has printed. Hope to recieve it next week.
My process actually started in Dec 2020. When I first got in touch with BLS with questions on how to apply for PCC. I am an Indian Citizen but have only lived in India between 1999 and 2009. I do not have an Aadhaar Card or close ties with India. The address on my passport is of the apartment I resided in Bangalore where no one I know resides since 2009. Additionally, I got married in October and my passport does not carry my spouse's name or my married name. I had to work very hard to figure out how to apply and to procure required documents (including an Aadhaar card for my mother).

When I applied for a PCC when I was a Singapore Resident, from BLS there, it was a super simple 3-day process where your address in India is irrelevant (I mean why is it relevant when you are not a resident). But for some reason Toronto (BLS and CGI) has made it an 8 week expensive process where the service is just atrocious. Germany, you can get your Indian PCC within the same day and it only costs $25.

So yes, in summary, it has been a 5 month process for me!

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
For getting the PCC it is not mandatory now to have the Spouse name on the passport right?
No it is not. You will, however, need to provide your marriage certificate and your spouse's passport bio page as part of your documents.

The name on the PCC will be the same as the name on your passport. If you have changed your name after marriage, but not updated your passport, your new married name will not appear on the PCC. If you need your married name on the PCC, then apply for passport renewal with change of name before apply for PCC.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline:

Feb 19 - Application picked up by Purolator
Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
Feb 23 - Application delivered by Purolator
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)
March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"
March 18 - Tracking says "Police verification has been initiated...."
March 19 - Police contacted my mother and requested copies of several documents and passport photo
March 22 - Mother submitted all documents to police and police confirmed police verification report was sent.
March 31 - Mother went back to the police station and reconfirmed that the police report was sent.
April 5 - Called BLS to check whether there was any issue in receipt of police verification report.. Received response that they have no way of knowing whether Consulate has received the police verification report and that it takes 1-2 weeks after police verification report is sent for PCC to be printed. I pointed out that it has been more than 2 weeks in my case and they suggested I call the consulate. When I pointed out that no one picks up the call and voicemail is not enabled, they suggested I email them. So I emailed CGI, and received an irrelevant response that "it takes 6 -8 weeks to process PCC application" and link to their website. I responded to email asking for a response to my question whether they received the police verification report, because if they haven't I would need to address the issue in India.
April 8 - Since I didn't hear back from CGI, I emailed again asking for a response, this time including all the emails on the website.
April 8 - Received the same generic response but an additional line saying "there is no action required from your end." I asked if this meant they received the police verification report as that was my question.
April 9 - Tracking says "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed."
April 10 - Tracking on BLS website updated to "In transit from Consulate to BLS Center"
April 12 - Tracking on BLS website updated to "Ready for Dispatch"
April 12 - Tracking on BLS website updated to “Dispatched via courier.” Purolator tracking says it will arrive by April 13

Last edited:

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hey guys, my pcc application was received by the consulate on 11th March 2021 and till today I haven't received any updated. I have emailed them a couple of times, but have got only vague and general reply telling me the time duration. My local police station says that they have sent it to the passport office on 25th March but there's still no update.
Have emailed consulate and called BLS several times. Don't know what else to do.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hey guys, my pcc application was received by the consulate on 11th March 2021 and till today I haven't received any updated. I have emailed them a couple of times, but have got only vague and general reply telling me the time duration. My local police station says that they have sent it to the passport office on 25th March but there's still no update.
Have emailed consulate and called BLS several times. Don't know what else to do.
Refer to @Rikinshah post about Contacting SP office if you have that means in India.

Also refer to my timeline and my communication with the consulate. If they haven’t answered your question I would continue to email demanding they give a response that relates to the question rather than provide irrelevant information.