+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Following is my timeline for PCC :

18th March 2021 : Police Verification Initiated

24th March 2021: Police Verification done at home and documents submitted.

On the passport seva website, the status still shows that 'Police Verification has been initiated...'. I have emailed multiple times to the CGI requesting an update, but they have been reverting saying it will take 6-8 weeks. I am still waiting for my PCC. It has been exactly a month since the Police verification was initiated. Any suggestions on where I can get more details on where the application is stuck? I have already followed up with the local police station and they sent me the screenshot of their system that shows everything is uploaded and approved.
Unfortunately, I'm NOT aware of any other choice than waiting. You can try to reach out to SP office in India to make sure that its NOT struck in SP office.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
10-Mar-2021 - Purolator delivered the application to BLS

DateApplication Status - BLS WebsiteApplication Status - Passport portal
12-MarUnder Process
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
CAT number generated
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
18-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
27-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.Police verification completed in local police station and confirmed that the documents are submitted.
15-AprilProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.It looks like the local police station didnt submit the documents properly last time. Parents received call from local police station to get the details.
20 - AprilProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Clearance Certificate has been printed.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash
Jul 28, 2020
The whole system is so flawed for getting a simple document. My Police Verification was done last week at home and I asked the embassy about an update yesterday. They responded to check with the local police.
I called the police early morning today. He is claiming ( I have doubts) that the report was sent to the headquarters in my area last week but now the place is closed due to Covid lockdown so it won't be moved. I seriously don't know what to do and who to follow up. If the place is closed, I can't do much other than wait for the lockdown to get over.

• Sad

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
Purpose and Document for seeking PCC must be ascertained .Official communication from the Concerned authorities - what does this mean? Is to some document which needs to be given while applying PCC?

54m 20s

Type a message

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Purpose and Document for seeking PCC must be ascertained .Official communication from the Concerned authorities - what does this mean? Is to some document which needs to be given while applying PCC?

54m 20s

Type a message
Please elaborate to be able to get any relevant answer. Where are you seeing this prompt?

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Purpose and Document for seeking PCC must be ascertained .Official communication from the Concerned authorities - what does this mean? I
the above sentence is present in the checklist by BLS while applying for PCC. attaching link for reference.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Ottawa-PCC-checklist-June-2019.pdf
Woww.. It seems the process is NOT only different based on the country where you apply. And it depends on place where you apply too.

In Toronto Checklist, it was specified only for those who doesn't have Indian passport. I would let anyone who did this before reply on this since I applied in Toronto with Indian passport.

The same question was posted during last year. You can try asking question whether he was able to figure out or not
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/purpose-for-seeking-pcc.714789/

Toronto checklist: https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf
""
Former Indian/Canadian / Foreign Passport holders
Foreigners who have resided in India in the past may apply for a Police Clearance Certificate for obtaining Visa for certain countries, please provide the below documentation;(Originals and copy)
-Purpose for seeking PCC must be ascertained.
-Current Valid Passport copies: Copy of photo ID page,copies of all immigration stamp pages to India, observationsand endorsements, if any.If visitedIndia on a previous expired or cancelled passport, please bring the copies of the old expired passports with photo Id page, Indian Visa and stamps to Indiaas well.
-CANADIAN/ FOREIGN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE: Canadians please provide a copy of the long Oath Certificate copy

""

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Purpose and Document for seeking PCC must be ascertained .Official communication from the Concerned authorities - what does this mean? I
the above sentence is present in the checklist by BLS while applying for PCC. attaching link for reference.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Ottawa-PCC-checklist-June-2019.pdf
As @canprind2020 has said, the checklist and documents appears to be different for ottawa than for Toronto.

If you are applying for Canadian PR, I interpret that document to be your ITA and any checklist on IRCC website that lists you are required to submit an Indian Police Certificate. (This was a requirement at the Indian consulate in Singapore where I obtained an Indian PCC for purposes of Indian PR and that is what I submitted.)

If you are applying for American Immigration (greencard), submit your NVC Welcome email and screen shot of the checklist on your NVC portal (list of civil documents showing Indian Police Certificate).

If other reason for application, provide similar proof of why you require an Indian Police Certificate.

Finally, I would double confirm by calling BLS and CGI.

Hope that helps.

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
Woww.. It seems the process is NOT only different based on the country where you apply. And it depends on place where you apply too.

In Toronto Checklist, it was specified only for those who doesn't have Indian passport. I would let anyone who did this before reply on this since I applied in Toronto with Indian passport.

The same question was posted during last year. You can try asking question whether he was able to figure out or not
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/purpose-for-seeking-pcc.714789/

Toronto checklist: https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf
""
Former Indian/Canadian / Foreign Passport holders
Foreigners who have resided in India in the past may apply for a Police Clearance Certificate for obtaining Visa for certain countries, please provide the below documentation;(Originals and copy)
-Purpose for seeking PCC must be ascertained.
-Current Valid Passport copies: Copy of photo ID page,copies of all immigration stamp pages to India, observationsand endorsements, if any.If visitedIndia on a previous expired or cancelled passport, please bring the copies of the old expired passports with photo Id page, Indian Visa and stamps to Indiaas well.
-CANADIAN/ FOREIGN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE: Canadians please provide a copy of the long Oath Certificate copy

""
yes seems the checklist varies between Toronto and Ottawa. I am curious to know what kind of document will suffice to clarify the need.

The reference to a post from last year doesn't have much info as no one replied on that.

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
As @canprind2020 has said, the checklist and documents appears to be different for ottawa than for Toronto.

If you are applying for Canadian PR, I interpret that document to be your ITA and any checklist on IRCC website that lists you are required to submit an Indian Police Certificate. (This was a requirement at the Indian consulate in Singapore where I obtained an Indian PCC for purposes of Indian PR and that is what I submitted.)

If you are applying for American Immigration (greencard), submit your NVC Welcome email and screen shot of the checklist on your NVC portal (list of civil documents showing Indian Police Certificate).

If other reason for application, provide similar proof of why you require an Indian Police Certificate.

Finally, I would double confirm by calling BLS and CGI.

Hope that helps.
seems you have hit the bingo. I think ITA should be good to prove the motive for obtaining PCC.

I am trying to connect with BLS but with no luck. See if you are able to get through and get clarification. Would be very helpful. Highly appreciate.

• Wow

poobathy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
are they really busy in talking to people, I never experienced like this , I had been to several countries, getting PCC form germany ,Uk and singapore are straight forward an their reply is quick.

neenagupta086

Apr 6, 2021
Hello everyone!
Postal Brampton requested that I fill again the application form and send it by email. I did it last Thursday but haven't heard from them since then. Is that normal? I don't have any tracking information yet. It is frustrating this process in so many ways ...
Hello,
I need some help!
I signed all the PCC application forms with a Blue ink pen ... will that be an issue?