+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

CECapplicant2020

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all, My wife and I have received our PCCs today and in which it is written that

"Name" s/o my father's name holder of Indian passport "number" has no adverse information which would render "name" ineligible for immigration purposes other than citizenship to Canada."

Could someone who received already confirm, if the above is appropriate? Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all, My wife and I have received our PCCs today and in which it is written that

"Name" s/o my father's name holder of Indian passport "number" has no adverse information which would render "name" ineligible for immigration purposes other than citizenship to Canada."

Could someone who received already confirm, if the above is appropriate? Thanks
Yes it is .

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Do we need Canada PCC (certificate from RCMP) for PR (under CEC) if you are already staying in Canada on work permit for more than an year ? Won't it be part of background check of PR application?

Please help with this query.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Do we need Canada PCC (certificate from RCMP) for PR (under CEC) if you are already staying in Canada on work permit for more than an year ? Won't it be part of background check of PR application?

Yes you need pcc for every country if you stayed there for more than 6 months. RCMP certificate is cheap and easy to obtain. It usually takes around 2-3 weeks to get.

• Sad
Reactions: dinkarinjosh

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Yes you need pcc for every country if you stayed there for more than 6 months. RCMP certificate is cheap and easy to obtain. It usually takes around 2-3 weeks to get.
Thanks for the response, even if one is currently staying in Canada during all this process ?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi Folks,
Did any one face same issue , adverse report from Police Station since residing in foregin country
The whole point of police verification is about verifying the address you provided on your pcc form, address on your indian passport in India while you are in Canada and to ensure that you resided there when you were in India along with criminal record check. Putting an adverse verification report status based on your absence in India sounds irrelevant to me.

Did the policeman asked you to keep all the documents for verification ready before coming? Did you provide copies of all the required documents in addition to the passport copy to the policeman? In my case, the policeman asked for 2 additional address proofs in addition to copy of the passport. Aadhar Card and Pan card, My spouse's aadhar card didn't have an updated address so he asked for an alternative id, we then provided a copy of voter id card.

I would suggest you to make a family member in India visit your local SP office with all the address proofs you have and also tell them about the RPO status.

I hope this helps. All the best!

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Thanks NL75.. Would you like to help me with how can I raise ticket on the website ? which option I should choose
In Passport seva, once you log in click 'Contact Us >> Passport'. You will see 'Feedback and Grievance' option at left side Menu option. Click 'Grievance/Feedback' and register your ticket. You can also track the status of your ticket from here.

Bpurple

Aug 18, 2020
The whole point of police verification is about verifying the address you provided on your pcc form, address on your indian passport in India while you are in Canada and to ensure that you resided there when you were in India along with criminal record check. Putting an adverse verification report status based on your absence in India sounds irrelevant to me.

Did the policeman asked you to keep all the documents for verification ready before coming? Did you provide copies of all the required documents in addition to the passport copy to the policeman? In my case, the policeman asked for 2 additional address proofs in addition to copy of the passport. Aadhar Card and Pan card, My spouse's aadhar card didn't have an updated address so he asked for an alternative id, we then provided a copy of voter id card.

I would suggest you to make a family member in India visit your local SP office with all the address proofs you have and also tell them about the RPO status.

I hope this helps. All the best!
My in-laws vistied police station with all proofs they took almost a week to complete all formalities. I even got video call from police station as a part of verification. Thanks for your suggestion I will send my family member to SP office

GS23

Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone. Can anyone explain the process of obtaining RCMP cert for me and my spouse? I am here in Toronto for almost 2years now and my spouse completed 5months. Will he be eligible to apply for RCMP?
Appreciate your advices.

CECapplicant2020

Jul 17, 2020
This information is NOT accurate. As per IRCC, You don’t need to provide a police certificate in Canada, when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
If IRCC needs one, they will pro-actively ask you after you have applied.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
Please use the online tool there to verify.

CECapplicant2020

Jul 17, 2020

You don't need it unless they ask for it. As per IRCC, You don’t need to provide a police certificate in Canada, when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
Please use the online tool there to verify.