+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

ambitiousness

Aug 8, 2020
You dont need to give any Marriage certificate or proof of marriage for PCC. You both can give two separate addresses, but just make sure the address you give someone is available to followup with local police authorities.

Though, we have a marriage certificate I have gave different addresses for me and my wife.
Thank you for the update Vijay.
But do we have to mention "Married " in Marital status for Indian PCC, as they do not have any information about us being married?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for the update Vijay.
But do we have to mention "Married " in Marital status for Indian PCC, as they do not have any information about us being married?
I will answer your question. Yes you have to mention Married in form. You have to submit marriage certificate in bls in Toronto or Vancouver or wherever you are. Doesn’t matter your marriage is registered in India you still have to answer married. On the other hand, if you said your parents doesn’t know you are married here, you can select single because when they do verification in india, they ask your parents they is your child married in Canada. Also PCC doesn’t show your status. It just shows that there is no record regarding your in india. That’s all it says on pcc.

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Hello,

Please refer this page, if you are from GTA

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/discontinuation-of-walk-in-services/

Quoting from the link

For Passport / PCC / OCI services – Please send your Passport, OCI and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) applications at the BLS by Post/courier. BLS is offering postal service due to COVID-19. Please contact their call centres / customer service to book your postal application at the given numbers (Brampton/Toronto – 4163072237; Winnipeg- 2042853985. BLS can also be contacted by email at – qc.ca@blsinternational.net (website - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/). Services may have longer processing times.

We need to make a call to call center number to book a application pickup. They would collect the details, and after you pay for Purolator pickup/delivery, they help to create a pickup label. Once you have the label ready, you can call purolator pickup to come and collect your documents. We can track the delivery of the documents. After few days, we can track the status of application from here https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php. Hope this helps.
Hi All,

I am trying to reach them from last few days but the numbers doesnt seem to be working. Has anybody applied for police verification recently? can we submit the applications in-person for PCC? Also, what is the time line these days to receive it.

Thanks you!

Sur92

Jul 14, 2018
Hi All,

I am trying to reach them from last few days but the numbers doesnt seem to be working. Has anybody applied for police verification recently? can we submit the applications in-person for PCC? Also, what is the time line these days to receive it.

Thanks you!
I dont think they are accepting walk-in applications.

I sent mine via BLS' postal service. They received it on July 29. The actual police verification happened on August 8 in Pune and since then no update. I wonder how much longer it is going to take

ambitiousness

Aug 8, 2020
I will answer your question. Yes you have to mention Married in form. You have to submit marriage certificate in bls in Toronto or Vancouver or wherever you are. Doesn’t matter your marriage is registered in India you still have to answer married. On the other hand, if you said your parents doesn’t know you are married here, you can select single because when they do verification in india, they ask your parents they is your child married in Canada. Also PCC doesn’t show your status. It just shows that there is no record regarding your in india. That’s all it says on pcc.

Thank you so much for the information.

Reactions: Miss bee

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks you!
My post was early April'2020 perspective and i think lots have changed since then. As per recent, either you can book a walk-in appointment and go to BLS to submit the documents (or) send documents through purolator. Appointments are not available for 2 weeks from now. So best bet would be send it through purolator.

The time lines are 6-8 weeks as per office communications. But it has taken more time than that.

Sameer.Raje

Jun 19, 2020
PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office , This status has been here for 2 Weeks. So where i contact to get things moving ahead? The CGI toronto or call to Regional Passport Office From India?

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
My post was early April'2020 perspective and i think lots have changed since then. As per recent, either you can book a walk-in appointment and go to BLS to submit the documents (or) send documents through purolator. Appointments are not available for 2 weeks from now. So best bet would be send it through purolator.

The time lines are 6-8 weeks as per office communications. But it has taken more time than that.
Thanks for your quick revert, appreciate the info.
As per the Check list, it is mentioned that we need to submit original passport & canadian status document in original as well. Are we suppose to submit these critical documents for 8 weeks+. I am not sure how to proceed for this, it would have been very helpful if the helpline number would have worked....

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
I dont think they are accepting walk-in applications.

I sent mine via BLS' postal service. They received it on July 29. The actual police verification happened on August 8 in Pune and since then no update. I wonder how much longer it is going to take
Appreciate your revert, did you submit your passport and workpermit in original via Purolator? Could you validate if you submitted the below only or I am missing some critical document, I could locate these docs mentioned in the BLS checklist website, just wanted to be sure before I mail them -
1. Passport in original
2.Passport front and last photo copy
3.Passport stamped pages photo copy(for me this is going to be huge task as I have three passports stamped by half of the countries across the globe)
also, for above three, do we need to submit multiple set of photocopies?
4.Police clearance application form(post creating user ID in passport seva kendra)
5.Personal particulars form
6.Photograph - One pasted on the Police clearance application form, one pasted to the personal particulars form and one extra copy of photograph.
7.Proof of local address(Driving license copy or utility bill)
8. For fees, how many certified check did you submit, also, what was the amount for each of them. and finally, what did you do for "return courier charges"

apologies for the long post, would appreciate if you could revert inline.

thanks in advance.

amitesh

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
In Passport seva, once you log in click 'Contact Us >> Passport'. You will see 'Feedback and Grievance' option at left side Menu option. Click 'Grievance/Feedback' and register your ticket. You can also track the status of your ticket from here.
Thanks a lot

Sur92

Jul 14, 2018
Appreciate your revert, did you submit your passport and workpermit in original via Purolator? Could you validate if you submitted the below only or I am missing some critical document, I could locate these docs mentioned in the BLS checklist website, just wanted to be sure before I mail them -
1. Passport in original
2.Passport front and last photo copy
3.Passport stamped pages photo copy(for me this is going to be huge task as I have three passports stamped by half of the countries across the globe)
also, for above three, do we need to submit multiple set of photocopies?
4.Police clearance application form(post creating user ID in passport seva kendra)
5.Personal particulars form
6.Photograph - One pasted on the Police clearance application form, one pasted to the personal particulars form and one extra copy of photograph.
7.Proof of local address(Driving license copy or utility bill)
8. For fees, how many certified check did you submit, also, what was the amount for each of them. and finally, what did you do for "return courier charges"

apologies for the long post, would appreciate if you could revert inline.

thanks in advance.
No, I sent photocopies. I called BLS and asked them to schedule the pick and drop from Purolator. They'll send you links to make payments for the courier (one for sending the package and one for them to drop it off to us)

You have to send photocopies of all stamped pages of the passport. This is a hassle but cant help it :(

We just need a draft for $44.40

Last edited:
Reactions: leolavi999

ggupta2802

Aug 25, 2020
I submitted me and My wife's PCC application by post to BLS Brampton. It was accepted by BLS India on 13-Aug-2020 and was sent to CGI toronto for processing. on 21-Aug-2020, I received an email from Passport Admin that Police Verification has been initiated. No update after it. I am also not able to track it on the Passport Seva website with the application no starting with CAT***. it says no record found. Not sure what the current status is. Anyone has received anything like this? Any help will be appreciated?

Sur92

Jul 14, 2018
I submitted me and My wife's PCC application by post to BLS Brampton. It was accepted by BLS India on 13-Aug-2020 and was sent to CGI toronto for processing. on 21-Aug-2020, I received an email from Passport Admin that Police Verification has been initiated. No update after it. I am also not able to track it on the Passport Seva website with the application no starting with CAT***. it says no record found. Not sure what the current status is. Anyone has received anything like this? Any help will be appreciated?
try wit cat**** (cat should be in lowercase)