India PCC from Toronto

rohitnagare

Dec 17, 2023
Final updates for my 2 applications:
Application 1:
4 Dec 2023 – Application package Purolator Pickup
7 Dec 2023 – BLS Received Application
9 Dec 2023 – Application In Transit to Embassy
11 Dec 2023 – PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
13 Dec 2023 – PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
19 Dec 2023 – Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
20 Dec 2023 – Received email from Passport India for Police verification initiation
25 Dec 2023 - Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance
15 Jan 2024 - Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.
16 Jan 2024 - In transit to BLS from CGI
17 Jan 2024 - Dispatched via Purolator
18 Jan 2024 - Received PCC around 12:30 pm Purolator.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application 2:
4 Dec 2023 – Application package Purolator Pickup
7 Dec 2023 – BLS Received Application
11 Dec 2023 – Application In Transit to Embassy
13 Dec 2023 – PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
15 Dec 2023 – PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
20 Dec 2023 – Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
26 Dec 2023 - Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance
16 Jan 2024 - Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.
19 Jan 2024 - Received PCC around 12:40 pm via Purolator.
No updates on BLS regarding dispatch still it shows "Processing at Consulate" after delivery - STRANGE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After 13th WORKING day my PCC was printed.
All the best everyone whoever is waiting for PCC.

Jan 19, 2024
****Updates****

12 Dec 2023 – BLS Brampton WalkIn

My address on my passport was different, so I provided my parent's bank passbook as proof of address and wrote a letter to CGI Toronto.
22 Dec 2023 – Received email from Passport India for Police verification initiation
19 Jan 2024 - Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.

I hope this helps!

Also, CGI is processing the PCC flies based on the date of submission to BLS for walk-in applicants and postal applicants, the date of Transit to CGI Toronto, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tina23 and ash.ch

janubar

Dec 18, 2023
****Updates****

12 Dec 2023 – BLS Brampton WalkIn

My address on my passport was different, so I provided my parent's bank passbook as proof of address and wrote a letter to CGI Toronto.
22 Dec 2023 – Received email from Passport India for Police verification initiation
19 Jan 2024 - Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.

I hope this helps!

Also, CGI is processing the PCC flies based on the date of submission to BLS for walk-in applicants and postal applicants, the date of Transit to CGI Toronto, I guess.
Did you receive?

Johncreek

Jan 17, 2024
One off-track question from PPC, do we need to do the upfront medical? and if not required then what to upload in the place of medical records.

janubar

Dec 18, 2023
@janubar did your PCC got printed?
I feel that if your pcc is clear and ready for issuance, it is just sitting at consulate for someone to take up your file and just print it, no major task. My pcc was clear since 1st jan 2024 and I originally applied on 4th December!. But they were not printing it. I requested them to print and reminded them every week, to which they keep saying we will do it next week. I felt so frustrated and helpless. finally on friday I described my situation why I need it urgently and my timelines, to which they said ok we will print it today!. I felt then why you took 3 weeks to do this simple task? Dont you have manpower or are you guys too much busy? Whatever! I am done with this guys. Finally it got printed on 19th after requesting them 3 times. But still I haven't received it yet! I hope I don't have to follow up again!

Also I see many people who has applied later than me, or who has applied in 1st week of December already got their PCC. So there is no set way of doing things or order at consulate. They are doing whatever they feel like doing! I may be wrong but I feel it is this way. Ideally this process should not require more than 15 days. But these guys take 8 weeks, which is very frustrating. And even if pcc gets clear they will not print it until you reach 8weeks because general timeline is 6-8 weeks they will push it back as much as they can. I dont feel they have any intent of giving it as soon as possible.

Last edited: