+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Neokad

Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
My PCC status says Ready for Collection for almost 2 weeks. Below is the history:
I sent canada post self addressed envelope while applying as I didn’t know about purolater.. I called BLS on July 3rd and paid for Purolater service. When I call customer service people I am getting different response each day.
- They will send it today to tomorrow..
- It was already sent through the self addressed envelope on July 2nd.
I don’t know where is my PCC stuck..

1. Is is possible to ask for another copy of PCC. If so how?
2. Can I submit another application for PCC as I’m really running out of time and can not be waiting for the current PCC without knowing where it is stuck.
Please suggest.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Documents reached BLS - May 26th
BLS started processing my application -- May 11th
Documents reached at CGI -- May 12th
Police verification initiated -- June 24th
Police verification completed in India by local police -- July 4th
Pcc need to be collect from regional passport office(status from Indian PSK status link) -- July 4th
PCC grated ---July 8th
PCC Printed -- July 8th
PCC transit from CGI to BLS ---July 9th
PCC received -- July 15th

Couple of things which I observed:-

1. Your status automatically changes to PCC needs to be collected from regional passport office after police verification is completed.
2. RPO has no role in granting the PCC, so there is no point in contacting them.
3. Once your status changes to PCC needs to be collected from regional passport office, you can send an email to CGI Toronto to speed up the printing process. They won't reply to your email but it gets the job done, for me my status got changed to PCC Printed within an hour.

Best of luck in procuring the PCC, in my case it was easier to get an ITA compared to getting a PCC.
Can we know how to track the different status of the PCC certificates? As I see above you have been update on each of the status right now I am checking only in BLS Tracking portal, where else we can check the status of the application? Kindly advise.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Can we know how to track the different status of the PCC certificates? As I see above you have been update on each of the status right now I am checking only in BLS Tracking portal, where else we can check the status of the application? Kindly advise.
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusForFileNoNew
you can track from above, use lowe case cat from the file number you received. YOu can see this file number from the login where you have generated the form.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Thanks Rahul, Actually in the checklist they have asked for Reason and purpose of PCC and I have called BLS and they asked for any ITA or invitation letter etc. I dont have these documents

Anyways thats great that you haven't provided any letter and received your PCC. by the way, How long it took for you to receive your PCC? When did you applied?

It is good that some people (or many) were able to get PCC without ITA. However for me after they received my application, them emailed me to provide an ITA.

Please don't guide misguide anyone here. I guess many are desperately waiting for PCC. I submitted my application yesterday in BLS Brampton yesterday and yesterday night the status was 'documents in transit to consulate' and today it is 'PCC being processed at consulate'. They are definitely not keeping the documents for 15 days. If they are ready to do quarantine why would they have to keep the documents for 15 minutes.
Also they opened my application after exact 2 weeks. Maybe the quarantine procedure for 15 days has changed now after the walk in opened, or maybe they have less work load now, could be anything.

No one is misguiding here, there are plenty of people whose application had 'No record found' for two or more weeks.

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

ask_yo_girl_about_me

Jul 9, 2020
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Use this website and enter you file no with lowercase cat******** number.

You can only track your file from this website once you receive the police verification initiated email by the consulate.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusForFileNoNew
you can track from above, use lowe case cat from the file number you received. YOu can see this file number from the login where you have generated the form.
Thanks a lot for you prompt response, I was able to verify the status in the portal.
The status says "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra", any idea what does it means? What will be the next status and how long it takes to get it changed?
Do you know what are the different status of the application, so that we can know at what stage we are?

Jul 1, 2020
Friends, I have sent the PCC application on 29th to BLS Toronto and it has reached on 30th. Until today, the online tracker shows "No records found". I was wondering if I was selecting the right options.

Here is what I have selected for checking the status of PCC. Is this right?

Submission Type : Postal Application
Application Type: Passport Application

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Thanks a lot for you prompt response, I was able to verify the status in the portal.
The status says "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra", any idea what does it means? What will be the next status and how long it takes to get it changed?
Do you know what are the different status of the application, so that we can know at what stage we are?
Did Police visit your house ?
What I understand is, this message means, the file is still in police verification( they have stages, personal visit, and final background check). Depending on state you are in it takes any where between 5-15 days.

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Friends, I have sent the PCC application on 29th to BLS Toronto and it has reached on 30th. Until today, the online tracker shows "No records found". I was wondering if I was selecting the right options.

Here is what I have selected for checking the status of PCC. Is this right?

Submission Type : Postal Application
Application Type: Passport Application
yes thats the right option. However , the status wont get updated for 15-18 days. hopefully it will change this week for you.

Reactions: srikanthkmoorthy

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Also they opened my application after exact 2 weeks. Maybe the quarantine procedure for 15 days has changed now after the walk in opened, or maybe they have less work load now, could be anything.

No one is misguiding here, there are plenty of people whose application had 'No record found' for two or more weeks.
[/QUOTE]

I'm only mentioning about walk-in applications here. You earlier mentioned that even walk-in applications are kept idle for 2 weeks. I just wanted to let others know that it's not the case. It's better to go for walk-in if you can rather than sending a postal application and waiting for an update.

Reactions: Adp1724

n2019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hello all,

Does contacting the police office where the verification has started can hurry up the PCC?
Have anyone done that?

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hello all,

Does contacting the police office where the verification has started can hurry up the PCC?
Have anyone done that?
IDeally once police verification is initiated, and you dont hear from police station in 3 days. ask your family member to visit and ask them for it.
Due to Covid, what i heard is that, they are understaffed .