+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Premdan

Jun 10, 2020
I'm not sure. I read previous replies and they have mentioned that BLS will pick the documents you send via post only after 15 days. I'm not sure on this though. Also if we go walk-in there will no follow up for missing documents. This is just my opinion.

I could track my status as soon as I applied for PCC in walk-in.
Yeah noted. When i called BLS they said even if you handover in Walkin they will not open for 15 days. so same procedure.

Reactions: Deepti91

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
HI, Could any body tell me how long they have seen this status "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra ". If it's more than 2 weeks without change in status, what steps to take ?
Submitting the grievances/feedback on passportIndia website replied with "Dear Sir/Madam, Police Verification was initiated to your permanent address on 02-07-2020 to XXXXXX. After the report in submitted, it will be further processed. You have to collect your PCC from the concerned Embassy."
The police man who visited the house says, he submitted report already. What could be holding? Any clues ?

Thanks

theironman

Jul 3, 2020
HI, Could any body tell me how long they have seen this status "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra ". If it's more than 2 weeks without change in status, what steps to take ?
Submitting the grievances/feedback on passportIndia website replied with "Dear Sir/Madam, Police Verification was initiated to your permanent address on 02-07-2020 to XXXXXX. After the report in submitted, it will be further processed. You have to collect your PCC from the concerned Embassy."
The police man who visited the house says, he submitted report already. What could be holding? Any clues ?

Thanks
Hi..I have that status since June 2nd week. You can check with SP office to find out if your report was uploaded. In my case, SP office has been waiting for a dongle from RPO and the wait continues. Which city is yours?

siraviin

Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

I got my PCC certificate from SP office in Punjab directly. My parents applied for it. Will it work for Express entry or I have to go through BLS ?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey Guys!

Does anybody now how long does it take for Police to come to your home? (specifically Delhi). Anyone have any experience with this?
I tried contacting SP office by email but no reply, just like BLS.

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Mine is Kanchi/TN
what i've seen so far from this forum, there is general delay for PCC from TN. Mine is also pending with same status. I guess this is due to COVID, I tried reaching out RPO, no one picks the call or even respond to emails. I've asked my brother to go in-person hoping to get some updates.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hey Guys!

Does anybody now how long does it take for Police to come to your home? (specifically Delhi). Anyone have any experience with this?
I tried contacting SP office by email but no reply, just like BLS.
I'm not sure how SP office will be able to help. I think you should get in touch with the police station in your area ( which you have selected online), send some one there. There will be separate section called,t PV cell (Passport Verification Cell), usually these are the guys who visits your house. If you can send some one with your documents and file number they don't even visit. Once they update the visit in their system it goes to Commissioner Office/SP office. You can take the detail from the same police guy for the details of this office and contact person. In Hyderabad they have this office near iMax theater and the its called PV Cell, and there is one ACP who is responsible for this to update the file after receiving the inputs from local police station. Once update here, it will reflect in the respective consulate/embassy.
This is what I have learned after struggling for two weeks.
All the best.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
what i've seen so far from this forum, there is general delay for PCC from TN. Mine is also pending with same status. I guess this is due to COVID, I tried reaching out RPO, no one picks the call or even respond to emails. I've asked my brother to go in-person hoping to get some updates.
Visit your local police station. But you are right, due to covid they are not visiting.

aditya_sharma23627

May 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I will go a bit off track.
I applied at Vancouver Indian CG.
I applied on May 26
May 27- Document picked up.
May 28- Documents Delivered.
June 9- Documents accepted by BLS.
June 3- Sent to Indian Consulate
June 18 - Police went to my home in India for verification.(If this isn’t done yet then you need to wait for this step)But it might be different for other Consulate location just sharing my experience.
June 19- My dad went to Police station to give all required documents.
Documents:-
Aadhaar card
Pan card
Lightbill
Passport
Birth certificate
My picture sitting in my home in Canada.
June 19- Police submitted my documents online(Police did this in front of my dad)
June 25- Documents sent from Indian consulate to BLS.
June 26- BLS received documents.
June 29- Documents sent to me
June 30 - I received PCC.
I hope this helps you
I tried to explain all the steps if I missed anything let me know
And me questions if you have any.
Thank you

Hello,

I have applied from Toronto.
6th july - Document picked up
7th july - Document delivered to BLS canada.

No notification ahead. In how many days I can expect an email?

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Application Sent on 21 May
Application Received by BLS 22 May(As per Courier service)
Application Received by BLS 9 June (As per website tracking)
(Got a email saying wrong parent name : Had to correct it and send it via email)
Application sent to consulate general 10th June
Police verification initiated - 12th June (email received from passport admin)
Police verification completed - 20th June
(police never called. However my parents went to Local police station to inquire and infact they did receive and due to shortage of staff, it was not picked up. After police verification was done there was another issue. The local police station didnt upload it correctly and there was a delay. The status didnt change for more than 10 days, hence reached out to Passport office through my friend, who suggested that they dont have any validation to do. They have already uploaded and its with Canadian embassy). ***Police personal was helpful ***
Passport needs to be collected from RPO - July 2nd
(Dropped a mail to Consulate to check the application and they informed that they have received my application response and they will process it. He was very helpful too)
PCC dispatched to BLS : July 10th
PCC received: July 14th.

Want to thank this forum. It was really helpful to get clarity. All the best for rest of the folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt