+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

BumbleFrisbee

Feb 26, 2019
Hi sorry if this has been posted before, but when filling the PCC application on the website, the first question is Purpose of PCC. What do we put in there? i put immigration purposes other than citizenship. is that correct?

the other options are:

Citizenship/nationality application
Education/research
Employment visa/work permit
Long term visa/stay
Residence permit
Tourist visa

Jul 1, 2020
@Bu
Hi sorry if this has been posted before, but when filling the PCC application on the website, the first question is Purpose of PCC. What do we put in there? i put immigration purposes other than citizenship. is that correct?.

the other options are:

Citizenship/nationality application
Education/research
Employment visa/work permit
Long term visa/stay
Residence permit
Tourist visa
I have used 'Residence Permit.' As per the other forums, I think it doesn't matter if you select 'immigration purposes other than citizenship' or 'Residence Permit'. I chose this because I have read somewhere in this forum that the PSK executive modified one's application from 'Immigration purposes other than citizenship' to 'Residence Permit' at the counter as it was intended for the US.

BumbleFrisbee

Feb 26, 2019
@Bu

I have used 'Residence Permit.' As per the other forums, I think it doesn't matter if you select 'immigration purposes other than citizenship' or 'Residence Permit'. I chose this because I have read somewhere in this forum that the PSK executive modified one's application from 'Immigration purposes other than citizenship' to 'Residence Permit' at the counter as it was intended for the US.
ok thank you. if its being sent from online to post, you think they would correct the same way? should i make a new application and change that to residence permit? i cant get in touch with the call centre and im nervous about how to proceed with the postage situation tomorrow.

Jul 1, 2020
ok thank you. if its being sent online, you think they would correct the same way? should i make a new application and change that to residence permit? i cant get in touch with the call centre and im nervous about how to proceed with the postage situation tomorrow.
Better contact the police station in india and deal it there itself. Lot of youtube videos has information with actual screenshots using "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" and it was successful for them. Basically, I should be worried using "Residence Permit" :)

BumbleFrisbee

Feb 26, 2019
Better contact the police station in india and deal it there itself. Lot of youtube videos has information with actual screenshots using "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" and it was successful for them. Basically, I should be worried using "Residence Permit" :)
oh damn. no i have nobody in india to help me out right now. im in toronto. ill just send it as is and hopefully they dont bother me. ill also be calling BLS tomorrow morning so maybe i could ask them

Jul 1, 2020
oh damn. no i have nobody in india to help me out right now. im in toronto. ill just send it as is and hopefully they dont bother me. ill also be calling BLS tomorrow morning so maybe i could ask them
dont worry, just call the police station. They will help you. I think you are in good position.

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Mine was dispatched same day. Though we have a holiday here so I am expecting to receive it tomorrow.
Are you able to see purolator tracking number,? Mine was changed to In transit from CGI to BLS in the evening and status still stay same

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Are you able to see purolator tracking number,? Mine was changed to In transit from CGI to BLS in the evening and status still stay same
In my case, Psk still has printed status but it changed on BLS tracker. They updated purolator tracking. But in evening when Purolater picked up, then only I am able to track on Purolater website. Currently its at their sorting facility. Hopefully they will deliver by tomorrow.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
@BumbleFrisbee I would suggest you to be relax until consulate will ask anything. Pls note consulate will either call or email you if they need anything or any corrections from you. Do not unnecessarily bother them. If you got passport admin email for PV which means everything is gud on the application. Both options are valid and it is acceptable by CIC. I have seen many people successfully got PR with both options.
All this confusion arised due to few PSK officers in India asked applicant applying from India to change the reason type. Its all based on their own understanding as there is no guideline on this.
You are free to ask authority but i see this is unnecessary. good luck.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi, could you please tell where do you see the granted and printed status? Is that on PSK website? Mine was "needs to be collected from rpo" two days ago and now changed back to "review under psk". Totally confused now.
This means PSK has initially gave green signal to your application "PCC needs to be collected from RPO" for consulate to take next step. But looks like consulate has noticed something on either PV report or on your application, which they might have changed status to review under PSK for getting some clarification from PSK. I would suggest not to worry, as if anything needed from your side consulate will surely contact either thru email or phone. If you curious, you can contact RPO of your jurisdiction area to see what's going on. Most of the PSK and RPO staff answer over phone very nicely. You can try your luck.

harikatalanki

Sep 16, 2018
Hi - Although I'm currently working in Canada on WP, I'm planning to travel to India on August 30, for 2 months. I'm waiting for my ECA and am expecting to submit my profile somewhere in July end.

My question is:
if I receive ITA lets say on 1 Aug, and am set to travel on 30 Aug,
1) Can I raise PCC from India itself after reaching there, knowing I'll be there for 2 months? (PS: I'm in India just for vacation)
2) If not, do I raise it from Canada pre my travel or
3) raise it from Canada after coming back (risk of missing 90 days timeline)

Thanks in advance!
@pzzz23 you have only 1 right option and that is to apply after you come back to canada. Please note that pcc while applied if you are in india does not cover your full stay if you receive pcc while in india even 1 day before you leave india, too. Please don't take chances. We have rejections with similar cases recently.

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
I applied for PCC. As per Purolator tracking, BLS received Courier on June 18th. There is no update on BLS tracking. BLS tracking still shows record not found. How long BLS is taking to add application to their tracking system?

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
@pzzz23 you have only 1 right option and that is to apply after you come back to canada. Please note that pcc while applied if you are in india does not cover your full stay if you receive pcc while in india even 1 day before you leave india, too. Please don't take chances. We have rejections with similar cases recently.
yes, dont risk. Officer might insist on having another one.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
is there anyone whose status is showing PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office and no update after 23rd June or before?