+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Jul 22, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for PCC in torronto.
Documents reached Consulate - July 8th
Status changed to- Processing at Consulate General - July 12th
PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. - this status is showing from July 19th

CAT number is generated but i haven't got any email stating PCC initiate or sent to police department. Has any one got similar status?

With 60 days timeline its getting really tough to get the PCC in time, so little bit worried.

Thanks!

Mahi_raj

Jul 16, 2021
Hey,
My status changed to printed on 20th July,2021.
When should expect to receive?
I have to submit by 29th July,2021 for Tr to Pr.
In 4 Business days it will be changed to In transit then within a day to ready for dispatch so roughly around 28/29 July you will get it.

Mahi_raj

Jul 16, 2021
Hi All,

PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. - this status is showing from July 19th

CAT number is generated but i haven't got any email stating PCC initiate or sent to police department. Has any one got similar status?

With 60 days timeline its getting really tough to get the PCC in time, so little bit worried.

Thanks!
Within 5 business days it will be sent to SP office so hang on

Reactions: sathi.bhowmick

ajituday

Feb 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application on 28th of June, and police verification is completed on 10th July, however since then my status is showing as

"Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate"

I tried checking with local and SP police station, as per them its been cleared from there queue, however there is no update so far.
I tried reaching out to BLS, they dont have any update as such.
is there anyone who is in same situation?
how long it takes to get updated status post police clears the file?

Thanks in advance.
Ajit

tahelani

Jul 22, 2021
HEY, I called BLS CANADA asking them about the status which you and me both have and they said it means that your PCC is cleared and it will be mailed to your mailing address with the hardcopy within 2 weeks.

Tan3456

Jul 17, 2021
My timeline so far -
  • Shipped using FedEx - May 3
  • Delivered at BLS Brampton - May 4
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 14 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 16 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
  • Processing at consulate - May 19
  • Police verification initiated - May 21
  • Police verification is clear. PCC ready to be issued. - May 31
Mine is at pcc clear!!! When does it change to printed!! Any idea please! I don have much time

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
I applied June 24 in perosn at BLS. I was told 6 weeks but till date it only show file is under review. Anybody knows where in Delhi I can ask my father to check regaridng this? Thanks

amarcalca

Mar 7, 2021
Hi All,
For my PCC, it is showing as "Police Report is clear and ready for issuance" since last 2 weeks, but bls site shows status as "Processing at consulate general office". Can someone suggest how to enquire about the reason of delay.

Jai909

Jul 23, 2021
I applied June 24 in perosn at BLS. I was told 6 weeks but till date it only show file is under review. Anybody knows where in Delhi I can ask my father to check regaridng this? Thanks
If you got the auto generated email from passport admin (passport.admin@passportindia.gov.in) regarding initiation on police verification.And if they don’t turn out to visit your given address or contact .You can try contacting the Police Station directly that you Placed while filling out your PCC application Mostly they turn out in a day or two.

Jai909

Jul 23, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks!
You should probably get for police verification initiation auto generated email. around 5-6 business days.Then depending on how faster things work out in your state/region you police verification will be done.

Jai909

Jul 23, 2021
Hi All,
For my PCC, it is showing as "Police Report is clear and ready for issuance" since last 2 weeks, but bls site shows status as "Processing at consulate general office". Can someone suggest how to enquire about the reason of delay.
15-20 days from clear to print state these days.You can try reaching them via email. pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in but you’ll definitely receive a generic reply of 8weeks processing time if you are within the timeline.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
If you got the auto generated email from passport admin (passport.admin@passportindia.gov.in) regarding initiation on police verification.And if they don’t turn out to visit your given address or contact .You can try contacting the Police Station directly that you Placed while filling out your PCC application Mostly they turn out in a day or two.
I never received any email from the email u mentioned. But I have asked my dad to check with the local station regarding this n provided him the file number associated with my PCC.

After a a visit today to the local station he is told the file has not yet been sent to them. I’m not sure if the embassy is sleeping on the file.

Thanks anyways for ur advice brother

Last edited:
Reactions: Jai909