+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I don’t know if this helps but the US department of state has it on their website that Indian police clearance certificate is not available to foreign nationals not currently living in India. Refer to link under police, court, prison records: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Comments: Police certificates are only available for Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals currently living in India. Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) nationals applying outside India.”

I can tell you that if you were applying for permanent residency in the US, you would be exempt from submitting an Indian PCC. I would think that IRCC would be similar.
Well, after losing hope and not knowing what to do next, I received an envelope with the PCC from the Indian Consulate. It says that there is no negative information/criminal during my stay 2008-2009. I could say I sent maybe 5 emails in the last 2 weeks to BLS, and Toronto, Ottawa consulates with no response whatsoever, but finally the wait is over. I really appreciate everyone who helped and gave me advice in this matter. As a foreigner the process is different, slower, frustrating, but possible.
Regards,

alka2378

Jul 8, 2019
I suggest you to wait 13-15 minutes to connect with a representative. For me, Purolator took care of envelopes - they placed the return envelope with the documents in the first one. I would not attach blank pages of passport but every other page with stamps, your info. Yes, all pages of expired / old passports need to be attached. I went to a Purolator location and paid them directly, it costed me 50$ but it was only one application.
I was able to speak with them, for expired passports they asked us to not to provide. they mentioned only current passport is what they seek. let's see what happen now :). Thank you so much!!

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi,

I sent my PCC to Brampton BLS on Friday through Purolator but the delivery has not happened stating ' Receiver unavailable - Temporary closure for pandemic '.

Did any body send the PCC recently via postal to BLS. Aren'tt they accepting postal applications ? Please advice.
I experienced the very same thing. I called purolator as soon as I got the notification that they were unable to deliver on Monday. They delivered it on Tuesday morning.

Honestly, I haven’t seen a worse company than BLS ever, and the fact that they partner with a substandard delivery service such as Purolator only makes them worse.

I sent my PCC application through DHL half way across the world to Sinagapore, 8 hours earlier the puralator pick up for BLS Toronto and I got the PCC in 2 days... meanwhile BLS status is still showing “no records shown.”

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Well, after losing hope and not knowing what to do next, I received an envelope with the PCC from the Indian Consulate. It says that there is no negative information/criminal during my stay 2008-2009. I could say I sent maybe 5 emails in the last 2 weeks to BLS, and Toronto, Ottawa consulates with no response whatsoever, but finally the wait is over. I really appreciate everyone who helped and gave me advice in this matter. As a foreigner the process is different, slower, frustrating, but possible.
Regards,
That’s very good news and very happy for you. I also apologise for my country lol...

The fact that US immigration maintains on their website that a foreigner not living in India is not eligible for a PCC and yet the consulate in Toronto provided it, shows how the Indian Govt operates at random, with no rules...

bourn3

Jan 11, 2021
Hi All,

Passport portal shows 'PCC printed' for me now. How many days it take to get it delivered to home ? Is BLS still open and operating to deliver PCC via purolator? It is like solving one problem and getting another one to be solved. :)

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
Hi All,

Passport portal shows 'PCC printed' for me now. How many days it take to get it delivered to home ? Is BLS still open and operating to deliver PCC via purolator? It is like solving one problem and getting another one to be solved. :)
For me it took 3 days after PCC was printed in Consulate.

Day 1 : In Transit to BLS
Day 2 : Purolator Label Generated
Day 3 : Delivered

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
How long does BLS take to open your application once it gets delivered?! Mine got delivered on Tuesday Feb 23, and tracking says “no records.” I am seeing a big variance in people’s timelines - some have their application initiated 3 days after delivery, while for others it is over 10 days...

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
How long does BLS take to open your application once it gets delivered?! Mine got delivered on Tuesday Feb 23, and tracking says “no records.” I am seeing a big variance in people’s timelines - some have their application initiated 3 days after delivery, while for others it is over 10 days...
I don't think there is a lot of variance. Their policy is to quarantine applications for two weeks before opening, hence the delays

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
check second page, it does not say how long but it is implied.

https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/ApplicationProcessDuringCOVID-19.pdf
1. It is not implied. That is purely your assumption. “Quarantine” (if that is even the correct usage of the word) for objects Is not necessarily 14 days.

2. I have seen people report timelines here as recent as last month where their documents have been entered into the system within 3 days of receipt. So if you are correct that that’s BLS’s policy (and I think you are not) then they aren’t following it.

3. I called BLS, and they told me they take 5 to 7 Business days to open a package after receipt, and when I asked the reason, they said it was the heavy load of applications.

4.All substandard businesses with poor efficiency and customer care use COVID as a crutch for bad service.

Reactions: creativerbl

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
In the document, they mentioned that it is quarantined at BLS and Consulate so if you think about it ...(5-7 business days)*2 = 14 days. That's how I reached that conclusion. I do agree that their service is substandard currently, they should improve their policy communication and customer service even if costs applicants a bit more. Hopefully, your application gets processed soon.

My timeline:

5- Feb - app reached BLS
22-Feb - able to track
25-Feb - PCC intiated
26-Feb (India time) - Police visit

Cheers!

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
In the document, they mentioned that it is quarantined at BLS and Consulate so if you think about it ...(5-7 business days)*2 = 14 days. That's how I reached that conclusion. I do agree that their service is substandard currently, they should improve their policy communication and customer service even if costs applicants a bit more. Hopefully, your application gets processed soon.

My timeline:

5- Feb - app reached BLS
22-Feb - able to track
25-Feb - PCC intiated

Cheers!
I got my Police Clearance Certificate for India in 2018 from BLS Singapore within 3 working days. Their website there still quotes the same timeframe.

BLS Germany gives it the same day...

I have no idea why the process is so protracted (and expensive) here in Toronto. I have half a mind to go to ombudsman about it...

Sorry, for venting... just frustrated from the process...(I have been working on this since December...it’s very hard for someone with very little ties in India to get a PCC through BLS Toronto).

Reactions: MansiAP56

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

My timeline:

5- Feb - app reached BLS
22-Feb - able to track
25-Feb - PCC intiated

Cheers!
I hope you get yours soon as well.

Reactions: casualgamer
Feb 17, 2021
right now my status shows "

Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate" verification at my home was done last week. I want to know after verification is done , does the status directly change to 'Police Certificate Printed' or there is another status like 'verification completed' or something before the status moves to 'Police Certificate Printed'. What I mean by that is in your timeline you mention 'Police verification Completed back in India:' is this status that also gets reflected while tracking or the status directly moved to 'Police Certificate Printed'?
Did you get an answer to this. I have the same question.

Reactions: jagann