+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have to apply for a PCC from India but I have a few questions. I am Colombian and when I try to fill the format I don't understand what I have to write down.
1. They are asking my father's and spouse's name as well, but where should I put my full name? is it in Mr.?
2. They are asking for my Indian address, I guess the building where I lived 15 years ago? I lived 8 months in Bangalore 2008-2009 (I was 21 back then)
3. Have you visited /stayed in India after acquisition of landed status/foreign, what does it mean?
4. Can I send my PR package without the PCC and later send the PCC?

I really appreciate help on this. Thanks a lot in advance!

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
@canprind2020 I was in the same scenario. First of all apply for change of address in aadhar card. Check UIDAI website and you will find the option to update your aadhar based on your parents address. After aadhar is updated, apply for re-issue of passport and then gradually PCC. It will take a long time I am into all this since September 2020 and still dont have my PCC in hand.
Thank you for your reply!
I don't have aadhar card that's the main problem. I even thought of going to India and apply aadhar card but the borders are being closed often due to COVID restrictions. I'm trying to see if I can do anything without travel. I'm glad that you have aadhar card. All the best and hopefully, you will get the PCC soon.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Why cant you have toronto address in your passport? For PCC, it's not mandatory to write the same address for verification, there you can mention your parents addredd
Yeah, I asked the same question to person in the counter of BLS Centre when I visited. She simply said that it is the process and told me to follow the same. And for changing the address in Passport, she told me to get the declaration from my parents. That part is very confusing. I asked that why can't I use the same declaration as address proof for PCC application and her immediate reply was NO. Also, I dont find anywhere in BLS or Consulate website mentioning about using declaration as proof. It is very funny that my case is so peculiar :) , no one can reach BLS or consulate over phone or e-mail, you have to wait for in a queue for long time during in-person visits but they don't have patience to explain the process or discuss with their colleagues/supervisors if they are NOT clear about the process, the whole conversation was over in less than a minute and she called the next person.

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah, I asked the same question to person in the counter of BLS Centre when I visited. She simply said that it is the process and told me to follow the same. And for changing the address in Passport, she told me to get the declaration from my parents. That part is very confusing. I asked that why can't I use the same declaration as address proof for PCC application and her immediate reply was NO. Also, I dont find anywhere in BLS or Consulate website mentioning about using declaration as proof. It is very funny that my case is so peculiar :) , no one can reach BLS or consulate over phone or e-mail, you have to wait for in a queue for long time during in-person visits but they don't have patience to explain the process or discuss with their colleagues/supervisors if they are NOT clear about the process, the whole conversation was over in less than a minute and she called the next person.
Did you visit BLS in Brampton?

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I know many ppl have current address of foreign country. Address in pp has nothin to do with PCC. Both are not connected!

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
If anyone trying for PCC who didn't start via BLS consider sending directly to Indian Consulate via Canada post(92$). I send the docs to the consulate directly on April 22 and Got back my PCC by April 28.

Note: I am not sure about the current condition of the consulate whether they are taking applications like this or not. But I got PCC as the timeline i mentioned above. Please verify it with others also.

I went to Indian Consulate on April 22 without knowing the consulate is closed. But fortunately, I found some people who are in my situation on the ground floor of the same building. Those people told me there is another option by sending via Canadapost. There is a convenience store below the Indian consulate near to no-frills I remember( provided Gmap link below). Either you can bring all the documents( Copies) as per Indian consulate directions(provided below) or you can bring all originals there and take copies from the convenience store. If you take copies from them they will guide you because they are getting paid. If you have all the documents ready to send, tell the convenience store people, you need to send PCC to Indian consulate, They gonna give a money draft(92$), 2 Envelopes ( 1 to send to the consulate and others to send back PCC to you). Fill the details like from and to in the envelope you are sending. Put all the documents in the bigger envelope, including money draft and 2nd envelope. Finally, they gonna give 2 tracking numbers. Using 1st tracking number you will know whether docs reached there and 2nd tracking number will be active when they send back PCC to you. For me, the envelope reached consulate the next day I send and got back PCC in a week.

Documents Required ( Only Copies Required)

I. Requirements to submit an application at the Consulate General of India, Toronto:

• -Fill in the application form-https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/.
  • -Original passport of the applicant.
  • -Current Indian passport with a copy of legal status in Canada ( PR Card/Work Permit/Student Permit/ Visitor Record etc.) or Canadian passport in original and photocopy.
  • Note: For PR card issued without the category on the back, please submit the original and photocopy of the PR card and landing paper.
  • -A copy of the first and last page of the current passport.
  • -A copy of the landing paper.
  • -A copy of proof of address (copy of the driving license or any other government-issued address proof).
  • A fee of C$92/- can be paid through debit card/bank draft/money order (drawn in favor of " Consulate General of India")
Convenience Store Name: DUPL2X Business Services.
Hi...thank you for this info..i have been searching everywhere to get details. Im so relived to read your rely. I hope everything goes well for you!

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys..im going to try to apply thru the consulate office this momday and will update about my experience..and timeline

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hello All... Please help me out with this. Do we need to apply for PCC after getting an ITA or we can apply for PCC in advance as well as I saw the validity is 6 months from the date of issue, what are your suggestions. Please let me know if someone has applied in well advance.

PS: I've hold on my PR Application because of the processing time to get INDIAN PCC.

Please guide me on this. Thank you in advance to everyone.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys i just did my pcc application at Consulate General of India. I was guided by a member desiking in this thread who did his PCC on May 6, 2020.

So, I went to 345 Bloor St east, there is a No frill In this building and just opposite Of No Frills there is a Store naming DUPL2X Business Services...thats where u need to go. I told them that I want to Apply for my India PCC then They helped me with it.

They will provide u the envelopes $35 (forwarding and return address), draft of $92 to the consulate general of India (total cost of draft was $99.50) and they will ask you to write on both envelopes for forwarding and return addresses, put your documents in it, they will seal it, and send.

papers I submitted/ prepared:

1. Application form filled online, printed and signed at: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Copy of:
2.Passport first and last Page
3.Latest Trip to india stamp page
4.My Canada visa and arrival stamp
5.My work permit copy
6.Drivers license copy
7. 2 pictures
8. With the draft i just paid for.

I don’t know how long will it take me but hoping that everything turns well. Will update you.

p.s if u buy $20 or more of groceries at No frill, Underground parking is free. ;)

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hi guys i just did my pcc application at Consulate General of India. I was guided by a member desiking in this thread who did his PCC on May 6, 2020.

So, I went to 345 Bloor St east, there is a No frill In this building and just opposite Of No Frills there is a Store naming DUPL2X Business Services...thats where u need to go. I told them that I want to Apply for my India PCC then They helped me with it.

They will provide u the envelopes $35 (forwarding and return address), draft of $92 to the consulate general of India (total cost of draft was $99.50) and they will ask you to write on both envelopes for forwarding and return addresses, put your documents in it, they will seal it, and send.

papers I submitted/ prepared:

1. Application form filled online, printed and signed at: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Copy of:
2.Passport first and last Page
3.Latest Trip to india stamp page
4.My Canada visa and arrival stamp
5.My work permit copy
6.Drivers license copy
7. 2 pictures
8. With the draft i just paid for.

I don’t know how long will it take me but hoping that everything turns well. Will update you.

p.s if u buy $20 or more of groceries at No frill, Underground parking is free. ;)
I wish I saw your post before I decided to ship my application via post. Sent on Dec 2 and still not delivered lol

Reactions: hbenu