+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Address Proof for PCC @ BLS Brampton

skumar2021

Jan 11, 2021
Hi All, I have submitted application for PCC @ BLS Brampton. The questionnaire does not mention of Indian address proof. However I received a mail asking for Indian address proof. Did anyone had similar experience? Does anybody know if bank statement is accepted.

Thanks
Satish

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
If the address on your passport is different from where the verification needs to happen then you need to send the address proof. This is also specified in the checklist in the very first check box. I am in the same boat as you and have applied for the other update online. I was also wondering if bank statement would work because I have a bank statement with updated address. Please update if you find out more. A good idea would be to write to CGI Toronto. They are usually proactive in their response

skumar2021

Jan 11, 2021
If the address on your passport is different from where the verification needs to happen then you need to send the address proof. This is also specified in the checklist in the very first check box. I am in the same boat as you and have applied for the other update online. I was also wondering if bank statement would work because I have a bank statement with updated address. Please update if you find out more. A good idea would be to write to CGI Toronto. They are usually proactive in their response
I have sent the scanned copy of voter id card.

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I have sent the scanned copy of voter id card.
Nice. You are probably the first person I know that has the right address printed on voter ID. Back in the day when I got one, they print ward and tehsil information instead of the commonly used address. So I have never ever used my voter id as an address proof. Let us know how it works out

skumar2021

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, My application status was not changing hence I sent a mail to BLS inquiring about the same. They replied asking for address proof int he form of adhaar card or drivers license. I dont have those documents with the address that i submitted in the form.

Did you figure out any other way ? please let me know.

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Hi, Do you have update on this? which address proof did you end up sending them? I am on the same boat.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello

I have to apply for PCC. My scenario is confusing as all IDs are based on the address which is no longer accessible. Need some tips

Regards

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Hello

I have to apply for PCC. My scenario is confusing as all IDs are based on the address which is no longer accessible. Need some tips

Regards
Provide your current address and proof if you have any. If you don’t have proof and if your parents are living in the current address, you can submit their address proof along with authorisation letter.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Provide your current address and proof if you have any. If you don’t have proof and if your parents are living in the current address, you can submit their address proof along with authorisation letter.
Just to confirm, i have to fill the address similar to the one in my passport and provide parents proof of address alongwith letter explaining the scenario.

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Just to confirm, i have to fill the address similar to the one in my passport and provide parents proof of address alongwith letter explaining the scenario.
No, you need to mention the current address in the application form and remaining all details as per the passport. Select the police station as per your current address.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
No, you need to mention the current address in the application form and remaining all details as per the passport. Select the police station as per your current address.
Just to clarify, the current address can be the one where the applicant might have never lived or stayed, but his/her parents reside and the verification can be done. Right ?

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Just to clarify, the current address can be the one where the applicant might have never lived or stayed, but his/her parents reside and the verification can be done. Right ?
Yes, that’s right. Mention the same in the letter.