+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect Year of birth in Biometrics letter

Hafthor94

Jul 2, 2019
The year of birth is incorrect in the biometrics instructions letter received. The correct year was provided in the imm5257e form and rest of the documents submitted

I have filled the Case Specific Enquiry in IRCC webform on 9th june. The last update I received from IRCC was on 15th june ( that they have verified the information provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.)
The submission deadline for Biometrics is approaching on 9th july.

What are my available options? I have already filled a new IRCC webform for deadline extension.

Este74

Apr 23, 2019
The year of birth is incorrect in the biometrics instructions letter received. The correct year was provided in the imm5257e form and rest of the documents submitted

I have filled the Case Specific Enquiry in IRCC webform on 9th june. The last update I received from IRCC was on 15th june ( that they have verified the information provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.)
The submission deadline for Biometrics is approaching on 9th july.

What are my available options? I have already filled a new IRCC webform for deadline extension.
Let the agency at the biometric place know about the mistake .Bring evidence to support it and they'll do the corrections.

Hafthor94

Jul 2, 2019
Let the agency at the biometric place know about the mistake .Bring evidence to support it and they'll do the corrections.
I have contacted the local Canda visa application centre. They suggested that the amendments can be made only by IRCC. Are you sure they can make the required changes?

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
I have contacted the local Canda visa application centre. They suggested that the amendments can be made only by IRCC. Are you sure they can make the required changes?
My parents had wrong name on biometric , because of mistake on visa form.
I requested for a change on there behalf to delhi vfs, but never got a reply.
So they took a chance and went for biometric. Luckily they were not asked any question and name were corrected , when biometric info got updated.

Hafthor94

Jul 2, 2019
My parents had wrong name on biometric , because of mistake on visa form.
I requested for a change on there behalf to delhi vfs, but never got a reply.
So they took a chance and went for biometric. Luckily they were not asked any question and name were corrected , when biometric info got updated.
This is quite relevant to my situation. If I may ask did they simply submitted the documents at VFS centre without mentioning about the error or told the officer about the mistake? If yes to latter, was it corrected there only? Thanks in advance

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
This is quite relevant to my situation. If I may ask did they simply submitted the documents at VFS centre without mentioning about the error or told the officer about the mistake? If yes to latter, was it corrected there only? Thanks in advance
I told them to declare about the error, but my dad did not. He just submitted the application and when biometric data was uploaded to gckey , it had correct name.

Reactions: Hafthor94

Kingkai

Jul 3, 2019
My family name and given name are mixed up i have a biometric appointment next Friday can i still do the biometrics and aske them to update my name?

Hafthor94

Jul 2, 2019
Update: Received the amended Biometrics letter today (04th july). So that makes 25 days since the day I submitted the IRCC webform and 19 days since the last update from IRCC

Gur prabh

Dec 5, 2020
Hello actually ...while booking appointment for my biometrics i mistakenly uploaded wrong year of my date of birth 0200 instead of 2000

And vfs global sent me mail to for correct year i also responded them back with correct year but they are not replying now they are just sending me autogenerated emails.

Please help me what should i do

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
Update: Received the amended Biometrics letter today (04th july). So that makes 25 days since the day I submitted the IRCC webform and 19 days since the last update from IRCC
Question, when you raised a IRCC webform, did you addressed changes in the biometrics letter or in the IMM5257E?

I have the same situation. It's just that I misspelled my name in the Application Form, so I received the BIL with the wrong name too. I already submitted a webform indicating the error in the IMM5257E form but I don't know if I will still receive an updated Biometrics letter.

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
Update: Went to the biometrics appointment on February 26th, explained the lady who attended me that I made a mistake and that I've already raised a webform, so she proceeded with the session. By March 2nd (4 days later), the Principal Applicant name displayed in my IRCC account is now correct.

Reactions: knight17 and Fenson

Fenson

Apr 12, 2023
Hello! Did you mention the exact error to the biometric office or you didn’t mention it? Did you get the visa?

SHALLYCANADA

Jun 12, 2023
Hi, I got biometric for my cousin with wrong date of birth. I already raised web form and send an email to embassy. How much time it will take to get the revised letter? or can he go with the same initial letter and can update them. it is just a year of birth it should be 1996 but it is 1966.

Nolacozy

Aug 12, 2023
Hello, I have similar issue. My mums visitors visa has the day of birth as 9 instead of 8, although the error is our fault.
I have sent webform but no response yet and the biometrics appointment date is fast approaching.
can we go for biometrics with the letter that carries the wrong date of birth?

Chaitu.sai

Aug 24, 2023
Hi, my date of birth is incorrect on the biometric instruction letter. I booked VFS appointment too. Will they correct the error at VFS or do I have to submit the webform. All the documents submitted has correct DOB. Not sure how its incorrect on BIL. Please advise. Thanks