+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect info on OINP - realized after submitting - should i withdraw?

mushaq

Dec 21, 2021
Hi , i received an invitation from OINP - FWS employer job offer in the latest Dec. 2021 draw. i realized after submitting my docs and paying that my hourly wage was calculated wrong when i submitted my EOI. My actual wage is still above the $40/hr required to receive the full 10 points for scoring in OINP but nevertheless it was a mistake. I emailed OINP and was told that its my responsibility to make sure everything is accurate and "If it is determined that any information provided in the expression of interest registration and attestation is not accurate, is incorrect, or misleading, your application may be denied. you may wish to withdraw " and submit another accurate EOI ans wait to be invited again

anybody has experience with this? would OINP still consider my application or show leniency since it is not really misleading or caused my EOI get extra points?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
I make the same mistake, however mine will affect the score. Was yours successful?
This happened to me, I had submitted the city where I live in instead of the city where my employer's main office is located as the place where I worked (I work from home). I sent them a form explaining the mistake, but since this affected my score and the fees I had to pay, my application was withdrawn by OINP, and the fees I paid were refunded. I created another EOI and was then invited again in the next round of invitations.

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
I submitted the application on June 19th, and immediately send them the form informing of the mistake, they sent an email acknowledging the receipt of the form on Jul 26th, and then on Jul 28th, they sent an email saying that my application was incomplete and would be withdrawn. A few days later it was automatically withdrawn, and my fees were refunded.

anneil3027

Dec 10, 2023
How much did your error cause the score the reduce by. Mine would reduce my score by 2. Thanks for the reply

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
The mistake increased my score in 8 points. The incorrect application had a score of 69, and the correct, a score of 61 points.

Dec 19, 2023
I have submitted my application. My name and income are wrongly written in the EOI OINP employer form. What can we do to correct this?