+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect first time landing date on PR card

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
Hi All,

I made my first landing in Toronto on 15 April 2009 with my family. Stayed for 2 week and moved backed to my home country. I have with me mine and my family PR and SIN cards. However, the date of first entry into Canada (the day we became PR) i.e on the backside of the card is incorrect for my two children. Instead of 15 April 2009, it is 15 March 2009. The expiry date on the PR cards (front side) is correctly indicated which is April 22, 2014 in all the cards.

Please advise will there be any problem if I re-enter Canada sometime next year. What rectification procedures I have to take if I am outside Canada or once I land again in Canada next year with CIC? Are these errors quite normal ?

Thanking in advance,

SR

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't worry about it. You might encounter more trouble trying to fix their mistake. Just make sure you keep your record of landing safe in case there is an issue with the dates in the future.

On one of my trips back into Canada, the IO stamped June 29 instead of June 30. I guess she forgot to change the date on the stamp from the previous day.

When you make a mistake, it's a big deal and you get punished. When they make a mistake it's a big deal and you get punished. :-X

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
Hi Alabaman,

Thanks for a very nice reply. Yes you are zillion time rigth on this " When you make a mistake, it's a big deal and you get punished. When they make a mistake it's a big deal and you get punished "

Hope there is no issue on "incorrect landing dates" as I have documents to proof same day landing for my whole family.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Cheers:)