+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect entry date stamped by CBSA officer, impact on citizenship application?

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
It happened Jan 2013, when I returned from vacation. At that time the machines were not introduced at YYZ a'port. The officer wrongly stamped the entry date as Dec 2013 on my passport. Unfortunately I realised the mistake only few months after, just before my next trip.

When I came back from my next trip, I raise my concern to the other officer to see what they could do with the stamp. Sadly he said he couldn't do anything as they were not authorised to amend other officer's stamp even though it was wrong, but they do have my Jan 2013 entry record so it should be fine when I apply for citizenship.......Which now I don't think it's true as I encounter the painful 2nd review during my PR card renewal. There might be some other reasons that triggered this 2nd review, but I think when IRCC officer saw my entry records & stamps were not match then they more likely put me to non-routine application.

I'm planning to apply for citizenship sometime next spring. Where under the 3/5 rule the Jan 2013 entry record shouldn't be counted. However the wrong Dec 2013 entry stamp will still "effective". Although I have entry/exit stamp from another country proofs that I wasn't in Canada on that day but I think to IRCC it's still suspicious.

Any suggestion what I can do now? Will it help if I submit a declaration which is make under the witness of Commissioners of oaths? Thanks for the advise in advance.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I have the same issue. A US officer put a wrong dated stamp on my passport. I already asked for entry/exit reports from both US and Canada. And they have the correct dates. That will be enough if you show them during your citizenship interview.