+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete citizenship application returned yesterday

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Last night I received my package returned to me by mail.
I didn’t provide the correct kind of language proof. This time I am submitting my transcript and certificate from a Canadian institution.

The only thing I don’t follow is the “Note” that was added where they have said that “the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculation
Does that mean they are wanting me to resubmit the same dates? Because that’s more than 90 days ago and goes against their rules as per the online instructions.

I submitted the original application Feb 03 2020, they stamped it received on Feb 06 2020 and I received the returned application on September 15 2020. No AOR was given.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Reactions: nicolass

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I didn’t provide the correct kind of language proof. This time I am submitting my transcript and certificate from a Canadian institution.

The only thing I don’t follow is the “Note” that was added where they have said that “the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculation
Does that mean they are wanting me to resubmit the same dates? Because that’s more than 90 days ago and goes against their rules as per the online instructions.

I submitted the original application Feb 03 2020, they stamped it received on Feb 06 2020 and I received the returned application on September 15 2020. No AOR was given.
Any advice would be appreciated!
The note means that your application will be treated as Feb 2020 application and the original date of signature will be used to calculate your physical presence i.e. Feb 03 2020(assuming that's the date of your signature) going backwards 1095 days.

Now you are submitting only the documents that they are asking for i.e. language requirement. Everything else remains same as your previous package. Nothing to worry about. This is a routine step.

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
The note means that your application will be treated as Feb 2020 application and the original date of signature will be used to calculate your physical presence i.e. Feb 03 2020(assuming that's the date of your signature) going backwards 1095 days.

Now you are submitting only the documents that they are asking for i.e. language requirement. Nothing to worry about. This is a routine step.
Thank you for your reply!
So the 90 days before they receive it rule doesn't apply here? I just don't want it resent again.
Also, does this mean that the processing time will be 12 months again?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for your reply!
So the 90 days before they receive it rule doesn't apply here? I just don't want it resent again.
Also, does this mean that the processing time will be 12 months again?
If i am not wrong you are talking about the 90 days rule for replying back to their queries. That does not change. You have the same window of time to respond to their queries unless otherwise they explicitly mention any other time frame.

The processing time will be 12 months but again with the pandemic going on it may be more or if you are among the lucky ones you might still be a Canadian citizen by September 2021. No one can guarantee you on this.

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
  • We must get your application within 90 days from the date you signed it. I found this on IRCC website. I think it indicates you need to fill out all the forms again?? I'm an April application who has yet to receive AOR..so very likely they'd return my application as well.

talhahafeez

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Multan Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
27-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
  • We must get your application within 90 days from the date you signed it. I found this on IRCC website. I think it indicates you need to fill out all the forms again?? I'm an April application who has yet to receive AOR..so very likely they'd return my application as well.
People from Feb 2020 are getting Aor now. Stay hopeful. I think u will get it November

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Your query is already answered in Feb thread , you don't need to resubmit a new application as “the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculation” .
If you required to submit new application IRCC will mention it clearly.

Many applicants just provided the missing documents and got AOR

Reactions: Edifytech

cit001

Sep 20, 2020
We had sent application on Sept. 2, it was received Sept. 8, 2020. however, i made an error as only one of the 2 passports was stamped with photographer's detail and date of picture taken. Will that lead to a return of application?

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
We had sent application on Sept. 2, it was received Sept. 8, 2020. however, i made an error as only one of the 2 passports was stamped with photographer's detail and date of picture taken. Will that lead to a return of application?
No

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
What language proof did you submit the first time?

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016

Now you are submitting only the documents that they are asking for i.e. language requirement. Everything else remains same as your previous package. Nothing to worry about. This is a routine step.
If he will be treated like a feb applicant, does that mean he will get the same priority other feb applicants get over people who submitted their applications later?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
If he will be treated like a feb applicant, does that mean he will get the same priority other feb applicants get over people who submitted their applications later?
There is no set priority.
As per IRCC, the processing times will vary based on:
  • the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors
The timeline thus may varies significantly between two applicants who might have applied at the same processing office on the same date depending on their individual situation.

The processing time for Citizenship grant starts the day when IRCC gets the "complete" application. So though the OP had submitted the application on Feb for calculating the residency period that date will be considered while for measuring IRCC's processing speed, the date when it received the complete application will be considered.