+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income Requirement for Spousal sponsorship

karan1212

Oct 9, 2022
Is there any income requirement for Spousal sponsorship?
I'm a PR in Canada and have been living in India for the last 1 year and going to travel to Canada next month with my spouse (Visitor Visa). I don't have a job right now. Can we apply for spousal sponsorship with me being unemployed? I have savings that I can show as proof of financial support.

PabloSektman

Jan 8, 2023
No income requirement for spousal sponsorship, if it is just your spouse being sponsored:

Sponsor your spouse, partner or children: check if you’re eligible - Canada.ca

Income requirement
In most cases, there isn’t an income requirement to sponsor your spouse or partner or dependent child. You only need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

• you’re sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own, or
  • you’re sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their own.

karan1212

Oct 9, 2022
No income requirement for spousal sponsorship, if it is just your spouse being sponsored:

Sponsor your spouse, partner or children: check if you’re eligible - Canada.ca

Income requirement
In most cases, there isn’t an income requirement to sponsor your spouse or partner or dependent child. You only need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

• you’re sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own, or
  • you’re sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their own.
Thank you for your reply. How much savings should I show as a proof?

PabloSektman

Jan 8, 2023
Do you or your partner have children? If no, then you don't need to show anything financial. No job needs to be shown, no savings need to be shown.

If your partner has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their own, then click the blue link and it will take you to funds required.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any income requirement for Spousal sponsorship?
I'm a PR in Canada and have been living in India for the last 1 year and going to travel to Canada next month with my spouse (Visitor Visa). I don't have a job right now. Can we apply for spousal sponsorship with me being unemployed? I have savings that I can show as proof of financial support.
You must be able to show that you can support your family without government help. Technically no income requirement but you do have to show that you make enough money or have enough savings that you won’t need government support. How much savings can you show as a couple? You can update your file once you have a job.