+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income requirement after sponsorship approval

Apr 27, 2016
Hi guys,

I applied to sponsor my spouse to become PR earlier this year. The sponsorship has been approved, and my spouse's PR application is in process right now.

We also are expecting a child pretty soon, and he will be inheriting my citizenship.

My question is, is it a problem if my tax return in 2017, for the 2016 year end, is much lower than my previous tax return that was submitted for sponsorship application?

Does CIC still look at my income at this stage in the process? Does the fact that we have a newborn baby changes anything income wise?

Thanks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The fact that your reported income will be lower does not matter. The fact you will soon have a child will not matter.
The only concern the visa officer would have is if he or she did not believe you and your wife could support yourselves once PR is granted. This is unlikely to be a concern. The only case I have seen where the PR was rejected for financial reasons was a recent immigrant from China who was earning less than the minimum wage, trying to sponsor a Chinese spouse who could not speak any English or French.

You have already sent in the application, so I doubt the income change would affect the application at all. You do not need more money because of the baby.