+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Include H4 visa for immigration question13?

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
Hi!
I'm applying for canadian citizenship this month.
I had the H4 visa for 6 years and lived in the USA.
After that we got permanent residency for about 2 years and then relinquished it to move to Canada (husband is canadian).
In question 13 it asks about immigration status in other countries. I know I have to include the permanent residency. But what about the h4 visa?
Thanks for your help

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi!
I'm applying for canadian citizenship this month.
I had the H4 visa for 6 years and lived in the USA.
After that we got permanent residency for about 2 years and then relinquished it to move to Canada (husband is canadian).
In question 13 it asks about immigration status in other countries. I know I have to include the permanent residency. But what about the h4 visa?
Thanks for your help
Maybe?

The guide says "Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen)."

The examples they give don't include an H4 type visa, but the basic description "tell us which countries you have held status in" would seem require you to list it. So it seems safest just to list it.

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
Maybe?

The guide says "Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen)."

The examples they give don't include an H4 type visa, but the basic description "tell us which countries you have held status in" would seem require you to list it. So it seems safest just to list it.

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
I'm thinking it's better to list it. As it is a visa that you only get when your spouse has a work visa (H1b).
And it allowed us to get the green card later.
I would be interested in hearing from someone that listed it or didn't list it and how it went, if possible.
Thanks for your response