+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inactive TB Test

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
H
after my second xray the result will be available after a week and will be sent to IRCC together with the sputum result. I am not advise to consult pulmonologist. Yes hopefully we will all get a good news soon and yes i will definitely post it here :) Goodluck to us :)
Hi, did you receive the email or a status change in your medical status now? from we are reviewing your medical to medical passed ?

Mtille

May 28, 2020
H

Hi, did you receive the email or a status change in your medical status now? from we are reviewing your medical to medical passed ?
Still waiting. No news from clinic if they send the result to IRCC already. It’s taking really slow.

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Hey glad to know that you passed your medical !! : ) Did the status of eligibility and background check also got updated when you cleared your medical or is it still in reviewing ? I am worried if they will review the rest of the aspects of my application before I pass medical or not. Do let me know if your status changed for the other aspects before you passed your medical or was it still reviewing ?

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hey glad to know that you passed your medical !! : ) Did the status of eligibility and background check also got updated when you cleared your medical or is it still in reviewing ? I am worried if they will review the rest of the aspects of my application before I pass medical or not. Do let me know if your status changed for the other aspects before you passed your medical or was it still reviewing ?
Hi. Thank you. it’s been the same ever since only under the medical changed but the rest no changes. When did you do your medical?

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
I did my upfront medical on 27th April 2021
Submitted my Application for study permit around 11th May
Received additional medical test required email on 17 June 2021,
Did the additional test on 21,22,23 June
Waiting for reports now I might get these in mid August and second x ray will be done after 14th sept as mentioned by the Panel physicians. So just wanted to confirm will they check my eligibility and bg check meanwhile or will it not be checked until I clear medical ?

Mtille

May 28, 2020
I did my upfront medical on 27th April 2021
Submitted my Application for study permit around 11th May
Received additional medical test required email on 17 June 2021,
Did the additional test on 21,22,23 June
Waiting for reports now I might get these in mid August and second x ray will be done after 14th sept as mentioned by the Panel physicians. So just wanted to confirm will they check my eligibility and bg check meanwhile or will it not be checked until I clear medical
I am not sure if they’ll continue with the background and eligibility check but in my case i got my approval 10 days after medical pass.

Raman137

Feb 17, 2021
No worries goodluck on your application.
Hello dear..
Plz reply
Sputum test comes negative. 2nd ray done in february...
But they again called for broncho...
And again test comes negative in april...
Now after 3 months, again i have to send 3rd xray on 27 july...
Why so many tests if all the reports are negative....
How much time will ircc take to pass medical exam now after 3rd xray??????
Plz reply.....

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hello dear..
Plz reply
Sputum test comes negative. 2nd ray done in february...
But they again called for broncho...
And again test comes negative in april...
Now after 3 months, again i have to send 3rd xray on 27 july...
Why so many tests if all the reports are negative....
How much time will ircc take to pass medical exam now after 3rd xray??????
Plz reply.....
Hi may i know from which country are you applying? I am not sure why they are asking too many test. I think as long as they were not satisfied with the result they will keep asking for more. Are you paying for the additional test? Or was it included on the first medical fee?

Raman137

Feb 17, 2021
Hi may i know from which country are you applying? I am not sure why they are asking too many test. I think as long as they were not satisfied with the result they will keep asking for more. Are you paying for the additional test? Or was it included on the first medical fee?
For Canada study premit..yes, i paid for all these additional tests...

Last edited:

Mtille

May 28, 2020
For Canada....yes, i paid for all these additional tests...
So sorry i meant from which country are you from? Here in Singapore i also paid the additional medical cost unlike in the Philippines they said it was included on your first medical fee.

Raman137

Feb 17, 2021
So sorry i meant from which country are you from? Here in Singapore i also paid the additional medical cost unlike in the Philippines they said it was included on your first medical fee.
from india... Medical done on November 2020...it has been 8 months.. always called for further test with no active tb

Jirome

Feb 24, 2021
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Hi, we are in a dilemma. My wife applied for a student permit and our family are planning to go with her (me and my 2 kids). Below is our timeline :

Submitted application : January 15
Biometrics : February 15
Medical Feb 26

Me, my wife and daughter are cleared in our medical exam. My son's case though is still pending. We requested for GCMS notes June 15 and got it July 16. We found out that his case was endorsed to CMAU due to excessive demand and may be inadmissible under section 38 (1)c S2:02 due to inactive TB. No treatments and additional tests were requested. Also did some research, my 8 year old son just needs to report to a health officer within 30 days upon arrival to Canada. What's puzzling to us is there is a note which says: "Meds still outstanding. For case finalization upon receipt of valid meds" . Note was dated April 20. We contacted the clinic where we had our medical exam and they mentioned rhey submitted all necessary medical documents and IRCC didn't ask for additional docs nor any additional tests for my child. Furthermore, the clinic didn't report to my son has inactive TB. So we don't know how IRCC came up with that conclusion. We submitted a web form and atrached the medical report again last July 30. As of this writing, the status of my child is still pending.

Any recommendations on what to do next? Can our application be refused because of this? This has caused so much anxiety to our family. Really hope IRCC responds soon.

Thanks.