+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inactive TB Test

Harsh18

Nov 5, 2019
Good Morning to all.

I came to Canada on 19 December 2019 after facing a lot of hurdels in Medical.
Just after I reached Canada here I have to inform Public Health Authority in context of my Inactive TB Test within 30 days and I have did the same and they have booked my appointment.
My queiry is that will I have to pay for the further testing?
If yes then how much?
Does Indian International Student havr any health Coverage?
Please guide me as soon as possible.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Yes , you have to pay on your own.
Student insurance might cover depending on the province.. you can check with your school about the type of insurance that you have taken.

Karllouiec

Apr 17, 2021
Hello. I hope someone can help!

I had my medical tests done on Dec. 14, 2020 and the Physician saw tiny scars on my lungs. So I was asked to do a sputum test and have waited for 3 months for the comparative xray. The medical results was submitted to IRCC on March 15, 2021.The results are cleared and found no active TB.

My question is how many weeks should I wait for the passport request for visa stamping? It's been 5 weeks and still no updates from IRCC..

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hello. I hope someone can help!

I had my medical tests done on Dec. 14, 2020 and the Physician saw tiny scars on my lungs. So I was asked to do a sputum test and have waited for 3 months for the comparative xray. The medical results was submitted to IRCC on March 15, 2021.The results are cleared and found no active TB.

My question is how many weeks should I wait for the passport request for visa stamping? It's been 5 weeks and still no updates from IRCC..
Hi it varies. Some received just days after their medical passed and some might take few weeks. It really varies. You can send a webform to inquire about your status. No harm on trying.

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

I am in a similar situation and hoping your journey can help me out a little.
I did my medical in April, and received an e-mail that further medical examination is required.
Now I have my sputum test from 21st- June To 23rd June and another X ray is required on 14th Sept.
My intake is sept ! How long does it take after 2nd X ray to get a visa and should I inform my university about This ?
pleas tell your timelines for getting an approval after 2nd X ray and experience ifnothing goes wrong and one tests negative in sputum test.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi,

I am in a similar situation and hoping your journey can help me out a little.
I did my medical in April, and received an e-mail that further medical examination is required.
Now I have my sputum test from 21st- June To 23rd June and another X ray is required on 14th Sept.
My intake is sept ! How long does it take after 2nd X ray to get a visa and should I inform my university about This ?
pleas tell your timelines for getting an approval after 2nd X ray and experience ifnothing goes wrong and one tests negative in sputum test.
Hi just done with my second xray and i am hoping to receive good news soon. I am not sure if you will be able to land in Canada before your intake as you have to be cleared first on your medical.

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Hi, thankyou for your quick revert ! We’re you suggested to meet a pulmonologist too after your second x ray ? Or any other doctor did they say anything ? Also please revert here once you hear the good news About your second x ray! I

Mtille

May 28, 2020
after my second xray the result will be available after a week and will be sent to IRCC together with the sputum result. I am not advise to consult pulmonologist. Yes hopefully we will all get a good news soon and yes i will definitely post it here :) Goodluck to us :)

Reactions: Vini3456

Karllouiec

Apr 17, 2021
I have been waiting for more than 3 months already since my medical report was submitted to IRCC and still no updates on PPR.

Also my medical status on my online account was just updated to "You passed the medical exam" on May 7, 2021. It took almost 2 mos for them to review the medical result and update my application.... Hopefully we will get the golden email (PPR) soon! :):)

Mtille

May 28, 2020
I have been waiting for more than 3 months already since my medical report was submitted to IRCC and still no updates on PPR.

Also my medical status on my online account was just updated to "You passed the medical exam" on May 7, 2021. It took almost 2 mos for them to review the medical result and update my application.... Hopefully we will get the golden email (PPR) soon! :):)
Hi from which country are you? And what’s your Noc?