+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Person walkin to canadian cosulate in New York for VISIT Visa

Thoma_Kerala

Aug 18, 2012
I'm from India, currently residing in Chicago.I have an important need to visit Canada soon.
I would like to walk in to canadian consulate in (NEW YORK) to submit my visit visa application and if possible collect my passport the same day after visa is stamped.

I'm seeing contradicting information in the website regarding walk-in for VISIT Visa

one link

canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

says - Visit Visa cannot be applied in person. only through mail.

another
canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

says - walk in on Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am

Has any one walked in for a VISIT visa application to New York office this month? I tried calling and mailing consulate multiple times but they never responded.

If not New york is there any Canadian consulates in USA where I can walk in for a VISIT VISA?[/b]

please post your answers.

Thank you.

charupujari

Jun 20, 2010
Hi,

I am in same situation. Were you able to find out if walk in service is provided. Earlier it was an option at Buffalo consulate but they have closed that office now.

Please please let me know.

Thanks,
Charu

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
i know there is a in-person service, you get the passport next business day. So drop on Monday and get your passport back Tuesday.

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Hi,

I have submitted my TRV application at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012.
I was told that the decision will be announced on Thursday, 23rd August 2012 and I can pick my passport.
I was not even given any receipt at the consulate after submitting my application for TRV.
I have submitted a paid USPS return envelope to be mailed to me as I cannot go to the consulate on Thursday.

Till date NO Reply from the consulate for my emails, fax, phone calls.

mannu2001

Oct 16, 2012
I submitted application in person for visitor Visa (TRV) at the NY consulate. THe website does mentin that they have stopped walk in applicatinon but its only for TRP - Temp Resident Permit which is different frrom TRV.

Bottom line, if you are applying for visitor visa, you can still walk in to the consulate in NY as of October 18 2012 to submit your application. the processing time is usually 3 business days. (I submitted mine on Thursday morning and got back the passport on Monday afternoon)