+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In person interview Vancouver experience.

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
@dpallavi My h1b visa renewal Visa appointment is on Friday July 15,2022. Are you still waiting ?. I was thinking we get back passports within 5 business days. Have you heard from others what's the wait time now in this covid era ?. Also can you share your visa experience you can DM me. thank you so much for your help
Hi,
Kindly share your experience and also what the consular has to say regarding the passport delivery. It would help us.

Thanks.

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Once the status on portal changes to "Issued" you calculate those 2-3days from then. Until issued its not counted, Premium delivery is only for shipping not for H1b Visa processing. Both are nowhere related.
Thanks, that's what i thought. Any idea how many days it takes for status to change to "Issued" from the date of apt ?

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Hello All,

We had our interview(H1B and H4) scheduled on July 28th at Calgary. Sharing my overall experience here:

July 6th 2022(morning) - Original Apt for Nov 1st 2022, Calgary
July 6th 2022 (evening)- Rescheduled for Aug 31st 2022, Vancouver
July 19th 2022 - Rescheduled for July 28th 2022, Calgary

At the day of Interview(Calgary, 28th July 2022):

Interview was scheduled at 8:00AM, reached at 7:30AM(was 3rd in the queue). They did not allow in until 07:45 AM.
At the very first step, they asked for Passports and confirmed the apt.
Next - the lady asked for passport, DS 160 confirmation page, one photo and Canada resident proof (Work permit in my case) and bunched it together.
Next - security check. They asked to switch off the phone and took all electronics items including Apple watch and put in the locker.
Next - at first window, asked for the bunched documents (Passport, Canada work permit, photo) and extended original I797 and took fingerprints.

Next - different window, Interview.
Asked for I797 again.
Questions asked (H1):
What is your Highest degree and from where?
Where will you work (city) ?
What is your designation ?
Who is your Employer?
What exactly will you do (roles and responsibilities)? (took notes and ensured that he is entering it correctly in the system)
Is it your first time in USA?
Ask if I have any query.

Questions to my wife (H4):
Since when are you married?
Do you work?

Then said that your Visa is approved and you will receive your passports back in a week.

DS160 status till Aug 1st - Administrative Processing
DS160 status on Aug 2nd - Visa Issued
Aug 2nd - Got the Canada Post tracking number
Aug 3rd - tracking status update that the passports will be delivered by Aug 5th.

Happy to answer any further questions/clarifications.

kinjal09

Aug 11, 2022
Hello All,

We had our interview(H1B and H4) scheduled on July 28th at Calgary. Sharing my overall experience here:

Interview was scheduled at 8:00AM, reached at 7:30AM(was 3rd in the queue). They did not allow in until 07:45 AM.
Next - the lady asked for passport, DS 160 confirmation page, one photo and Canada resident proof (Work permit in my case) and bunched it together.
Next - security check. They asked to switch off the phone and took all electronics items including Apple watch and put in the locker.
Next - at first window, asked for the bunched documents (Passport, Canada work permit, photo) and extended original I797 and took fingerprints.

Asked for I797 again.
Questions asked (H1):
Who is your Employer?
What exactly will you do (roles and responsibilities)? (took notes and ensured that he is entering it correctly in the system)
Ask if I have any query.

Do you work?

Then said that your Visa is approved and you will receive your passports back in a week.

Aug 3rd - tracking status update that the passports will be delivered by Aug 5th.

Thanks. Can you confirm if you opted for Premium Delivery? Will I get passport faster after my visa interview if I select Premium Delivery? It's also 19 CAD for this

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Thanks. Can you confirm if you opted for Premium Delivery? Will I get passport faster after my visa interview if I select Premium Delivery? It's also 19 CAD for this
Yes, I opted for the premium delivery. But be aware that premium delivery means that the passport will be shipped with 'premium' delivery and only your shipping/delivery time would be faster/premium. Premium delivery does not mean that your stamping at consulate will be fast processed. It will take its due time. Hope you understand the difference.

kinjal09

Aug 11, 2022
Yes, I opted for the premium delivery. But be aware that premium delivery means that the passport will be shipped with 'premium' delivery and only your shipping/delivery time would be faster/premium. Premium delivery does not mean that your stamping at consulate will be fast processed. It will take its due time. Hope you understand the difference.

Thank You. Since, I'm travelling from US, currently I have chosen to pick passport from Canada Post office besides US Consulate. And I prefer to pick passport from any post office rather than hotel. Do you think premium processing will help me to get passport on hand faster in this case?

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Thank You. Since, I'm travelling from US, currently I have chosen to pick passport from Canada Post office besides US Consulate. And I prefer to pick passport from any post office rather than hotel. Do you think premium processing will help me to get passport on hand faster in this case?
Yeah, I think so. You can get it delivered in 1-2 business days rather than not sure what's the expected delivery time in standard delivery method.
But again as said, do not confuse premium delivery with overall faster processing. Stamping process would take its due course. You can always check with the consular after the interview that what's the expected time to get it shipped. And I think you can ask them for expediting if you have something to show that you need it urgent.

Sumit82

Aug 19, 2022
Hello Friends,

I have H1B Visa interview at Vancouver consulate on 29 August. I will be driving from Seattle to Vancouver. This is my first visa stamping outside India.
Kindly share experience, documents check list, do/don't etc.

Thanks

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
I had my
Hello All,

Asked for I797 again.
Questions asked (H1):
Who is your Employer?
Ask if I have any query.

Do you work?

@epremkishan Thank you for sharing your experience. I went for my in-person interview at Vancouver today. At the end of the interview the consular officer took my passport and I-797 back and said i'll get it all back in a weeks time. In my past stamping experience in India, the consular officer never took my I797 along with the passport. So i'm wondering if the same happened to you or if its a new rule change or a Canada thing?

Sumit82

Aug 19, 2022
My friend did her stamping in Feb at Vancouver and I797 was not taken by officer. Passport was ready to pick up in 2 days at post office.

@prasad2s , please share question asked by officer and documents checklist?